Calling all AI shooters

I have .270 win imp. and I use 270 weatherby neck sizer die to form cases. I use the standard case length of 270 win- 2.540 in., when I trim the brass. The weatherby die does not crush the expand cases of the 270 improved ,as a standard 270 win die will. Some of the brass you have watch for cracks at the web near the base. I had problems with Federal cases cracking at the web. Winchester and Remington cases , I had no problems. Good Luck
I also have 243,7mm,250,30'06,308, and 8mm improved rifles. The 250 sav imp is very good rifle to use on targets and deer. The 250 imp ,I can use 22-250 rem cases. The neck sometimes come up short with 22-250 case when they are improved.

Well I got the barrel came in around the 2nd week of January, and man is it pretty. Still waiting on the AI headspace gauges, hopefully any day now.

I have a brass brand question.
What brand brass is preferred?
I have read RWS is really good, but no experience with it. Is it worth the cost?
I have a lot of Rem and Win brass already.

Thanks again,
Scott
I like Lapua and Nosler...Winchester 270 brass has been good to me. No experience with RWS, but I hear good things.

It would pour less heat in your new barrel!
Even with hydraulic dies the shoulders will not be completely sharp. And their a lot more expensive than COW. It may take months to receive the Hydro die.

Thanks Mudrunner and tbrice. Same here on the RWS, it's kind of pricey, but what good brass isn't.
Is there a chance of doing my seating depth testing while fireforming with a mild loading?

Thanks Mudrunner and tbrice. Same here on the RWS, it's kind of pricey, but what good brass isn't.
Is there a chance of doing my seating depth testing while fireforming with a mild loading?
Seat the Bergers anywhere from 0.015" to 0.025" off the lands and see how that works for you. ;)

Scoobyh
The seating depth test is supposed to be primarily dependent on the bullet alone, so ff loads should get you close. That is my experience with a .260 AI.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.