called in a yote on my first ever setup, but have a question

HairoftheBear

Ok so I have read umpteen articles on coyote hunting, went to Wal-mart and spent less than $50 for head to toe cam, got a hotdog call (I can make it yip, but not howl). I setup outside a noisy urban area and called in a yote to within 40 feet in 25 minutes. Lucky?...maybe so, but it made a believer out of me. I'm set on the rifle I want, but would like to know what kind of scope I should get. I'm moving to SW Idaho, where longer shots are more the norm. What should I expect to pay for a 40mm scope. A friend thought I should go up to a 50mm. Scope language is still pretty new for me. One friends said to to not pay more than a $100 for a scope. All I care about is to get the job done....killing coyotes....so don't need anything fancy, but I'm taking it seriously too. Don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for a scope, but then maybe I will have to depending what everyone here may be saying. Any recommendations or information on scopes in general will be appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.