Called a cat in.

I've only gone coyote hunting once. Set up at night, put my call near a blackberry bramble. I'm ~60 yards away in a barn loft on hay bales.
Turned on the Turbo Dog to "injured jackrabbit," let it play a cycle, wait 10+ minutes, repeat.
I can hear the song dogs in the distance. After a while, dang house cats start showing up.

Went for coyotes was in a 20 foot observation tower up the road from me at a doctor friends place, lots of rock cliffs there.
In the past called several coyotes and foxes in, this guy came in but got a free pass, not many around in this part of Ohio.
Last fall, however the landowner keeps seeing them on occasion.
Good morning Ohlongarm. Great picture. If comfortable saying so, what part of Ohio were you in? I have a friend over in the Hartville area that has seen a similar cat a few times over the years. Take care and happy hunting!

If you care about your deer numbers (or similar sized exotics) in your area, you will harvest these when you have an opportunity. They are hard on fawns and yearlings and similar.
The same for your turkeys. My turkey population is way down (as it is all over OK, to the point that the wildlife dept has reduced the season and limits for next year). So I killed the one bobcat I saw in daylight last winter. I see them often with my trail cameras, but seldom in person.

Last summer I built a bridge across a steeply banked creek, and recently decided to put a game camera on it to see if any wildlife were using it.
In 14 days I had 14 different species use it, including the attached on 3 occasions.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 9.41.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 9.41.22 AM.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 122
The same for your turkeys. My turkey population is way down (as it is all over OK, to the point that the wildlife dept has reduced the season and limits for next year). So I killed the one bobcat I saw in daylight last winter. I see them often with my trail cameras, but seldom in person.

One of my old buddies put up a trail camera in his back yard, right in town, to see what was going on there at night. He couldn't believe the traffic that came through there every night. Raccoons & stray cats were the most common visitors, with possums, rabbits, and an occasional coyote showing up. I also remember my grandmother telling me stories when I was a little kid about the animals that were raiding her hen house at night, and how she sat there a few times in the window of the woodshed with Grampa's old model 12 to fix their wagon for them. Lots of 'coons, skunks and a few foxes bit the dust. One night she heard the chickens fussing, and went out there to check it out and caught a couple of gypsies in there. Lucky for them she didn't shoot them, too.

The same for your turkeys. My turkey population is way down (as it is all over OK, to the point that the wildlife dept. has reduced the season and limits for next year). So I killed the one bobcat I saw in daylight last winter. I see them often with my trail cameras, but seldom in person.
My turkey population is way up , it's because many, many coyotes, foxes and sundry other predators get systematically whacked by the dozens on a yearly basis, my deer population is horrendous. I could and may post pictures but it would boggle some of your minds. Not unusual to see couple dozen at one time, hens now are sporting dozens of poults around.

Attachments

• turkey.jpg
    turkey.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 97
  • turkey1.jpg
    turkey1.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 95
  • turkey2.jpg
    turkey2.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 92
  • turkey3.jpg
    turkey3.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 88
  • turkey4.jpg
    turkey4.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 1t.jpg
    1t.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 2t.jpg
    2t.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 88
My turkey population is way up , it's because many, many coyotes, foxes and sundry other predators get systematically whacked by the dozens on a yearly basis, my deer population is horrendous. I could and may post pictures but it would boggle some of your minds. Not unusual to see couple dozen at one time, hens now are sporting dozens of poults around.
That's wonderful.....how 'bout you flush some of them down toward Oklahoma?
If I could only hunt one species, it would be turkeys, but I didn't even hunt them this year, and only heard gobbling three times this Spring.

We have lots of them here in South Georgia I went to my hanger one afternoon and there was a big bruiser inside my hanger and he wasn`t happy to see me at all. I left the door open all afternoon and he wouldn`t leave so I turned him out with my 223. Had him checked for rabies and he was negative he just had a bad attitude