California Hog Hunting

diesel

Hi,
I am a new contributor to the forum. I was just wondering if any one knows a good outfitter in California for pig hunting? Thanks in advance for your help. Ram

Thank you for your reply, alot of good information./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Ram 2500

I have been told there is a lot of hog hunting about Sacramento, if you who to talk to. We are working on a hunt on private land, where the grows want you to come in and hunt, and they dont ask for the big $$ , just dont distroy their property.
The best thing I can tell you is find others that you can trust in the feild and who know the area and start looking. One are we are checking into is the Burney Falls area.

maybe some time we can meet and talk.

Scott gun)

Get in touch with Tejon ranch down here by Bakersfield, they do lots of guided pig hunts, and once a year they do thier pig-o-rama where you are allowed to go in unguided and compete in a contest or the largest hog. There is also tons of hog hunting on BLM ground above Bakersfield around the glennville/shirley meadows area. There are tons of hogs in Kern County, my father and i and a few close friends of ours have probably killed in excess of 100 hogs in the last 5 years. Triple that in the last 10.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.