Caliber

Have we named all the cartridges yet? If not my wife has taken 2 with my 300 win and one with my 338 LM.

300win @ 425 yds
338 LM @ 816 yds
300 win @ 585 yds

All one shot kills. She does not shoot much, but can break a clean trigger. she is a whopping 5'2". The key is a GOOD brake.

Jeff

Well I was really wanting to get a caliber we could share you know what I mean

NO,NO, NO..........No you do not. You only think you do. My wife shot her first elk with one shot from a 270 with a muzzle brake (very recoil sensitive) #2 and #3 fell to one shot each with a 7mm and all was well until this last season where I made her practice with my 338 at 750yards (just in case).

Opening morning hours before daylight we grabbed our packs, locked the truck and started to walk away when I realized she was not packing her rifle, What gives? Where is your gun? Answer: I just plan on using yours. She got her bull a few days later while almost begrudgingly carrying her rifle but when the moment of truth arrived she asked for mine, cracked off one round and declared she had to have one. Hers is very early in construction so I can have mine to myself again this year.
My other hunting partner dropped his bull at 682 with my rifle as well and I figure it is just a matter of time before we build him one to.

My experience with wives is they like to think for themselves. When I choose something she won't say anything but she may find something else to do than to use it.

If you take her to the range or the gun club or the gun store where she might make aquantance with another woman hunteress, my guess is that this would get her into this much faster. Also rifles have a feel about them that makes one rifle a much better fit than any other. I suggest letting her choose but keep the muzzle energy around at least 3000 foot lbs. or more...

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.