Caliber recoil comparison ?

I was just wondering how a 300wsm is compared to a 30-06 recoil wise? I have owned a 30-06 for year's and was thinking of a new hunting rifle, I was really interested in the 300wsm so any info would be great.

"K-I-S-S" rules! As others have already noted the .300 WSM will have a wee bit more than the old trusty old .30-06 per link provided by jimbires. However, if they have identical load and weight, I doubt you can tell the difference.

Like anything else, with proper training (practice, practice, practice) and equipment, felt recoil could be dealt with accordingly like this then 9 year old girl shooting a .375 H&H with a .270 grainer.

http://www.blackbearheaven.com/9-year-old-girl-record-brown-bear-record-girzzly-bear.htm

Good luck and happy safe shooting/hunting.

Ed

"K-I-S-S" rules! As others have already noted the .300 WSM will have a wee bit more than the old trusty old .30-06 per link provided by jimbires. However, if they have identical load and weight, I doubt you can tell the difference.

Like anything else, with proper training (practice, practice, practice) and equipment, felt recoil could be dealt with accordingly like this then 9 year old girl shooting a .375 H&H with a .270 grainer.

9 Year Old Girl Shoots World Record Brown Bear

Good luck and happy safe shooting/hunting.

Ed

Get your favorite reloading manual out and find two loads with similar chamber pressure with the same bullet. One in a mag load and the other in a basic case. Go shoot them, and learn a lesson
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts