Caliber for Pronghorn....

Those are all good points. Get the meat on ice is most important.
We have temps around 80 in early Oct and we get great results with quick cleaning, skinning and covering the carcass with tarps. We have never had to ice but only for up to 2 days. The cold nights help.

Well, the 6XC did the job, 425 +/- yards. Had seen bigger ones (2) yesterday, missed both. Using custom turrets(that usually work) . Realized maybe the 90+ temps were messing with my loads...went to using Strelok on my phone. Must have been the trick. Had to kneel to make the shot, brush is real high since our 10+ inches of rain .....Not a big one, but legal plus....WANT TO LET PEOPLE KNOW....If you hunt the Roswell area, and plan to have your meat processed in town, there are NO meat processor's in town !!!!!! Make sure you are willing to skin, and process your own animal, or know a guy that will. The one meat market in town that used to, no longer does....rsbhunter

I'm a big believer in the gutless method. It cools the meat much faster. The best antelope meat I ever had was quartered, put in the ice chest with no ice, and it was 28 hours before it got ice. It was August in eastern NM. I'll never do that again, but the meat was donated to me, and I was still hunting for mine. I couldn't tell the difference between that one and the one I got the following day.

I believe the gutless method is great as well....if I had thought and brought a small tarp , 6'x8' it would have made it possible....we gutted it and tried dragging it...had about 1/2 mile to go....at 66 years old, and my girlfriend a year younger, we started to drag.....it quickly became clear that it was not going to be a quick chore.....temp was at 90°, and the age kicked in...found a 2 track that would let me get close, so it saved a heart attack... But, I honestly believe that every hunter should carry a small plastic sheet, or lightweight tarp so that the gutless quartering can be done.....all of the ground here is sand, so keeping the meat clean is a major chore.....But it's all just part of the adventure....rsbhunter