Caliber and scope for a new long range hunting rifle

EVH5150

Im beginning a new build and wanted advice on caliber for a long range hunting rifle .

300 win mag vs 300prc

Zeiss v6 vs Nightforce

Im beginning a new build and wanted advice on caliber for a long range hunting rifle .

300 win mag vs 300prc

Zeiss v6 vs Nightforce
Does not look like you need any advice all good options just decide if you want the belted case or not and which ever scope is the best with your eyes or has the reticle you want I dont think you can make a mistake with these options

I like the ziess better or a leupold mark 5 not down playing the NF at all great scopes the glass just does not fit my eyes as well as the other two or my eyes dont fit the glass which ever way it is I also like the swarovski scopes also this scope thing will start some cr-p on here so good luck

Second on the NX8 unless you don't want FFP then go with the V6. I'd probably go with the PRC but either one will work. A lot more factory ammo is available for the WM if you don't hand load.

What do you consider "long range"?
What is your budget for glass?
FFP or SFP? Seems like SFP if you are looking at Zeiss.
MOA or MIL? Seems like MOA since you are looking at Zeiss.
Illuminated reticle?
Weight requirements?
Reticle style preferences?

If you want the best glass from NF, depending on SFP or FFP, ATACR or ATACR F1. Or BEAST, but that is a whole different level.
NX8 is a step down in glass quality. Like the NXS line, but with an 8x erector. Still a good scope, and has other advantages like length, weight, mag range, etc.

Have you considered Swarovski? Significantly better glass than Zeiss to my eyes. The X5 (or X5i if you want Illuminated reticle) is an amazing SFP scope. That would be my choice if I shot SFP.

300 win mag vs 300prc

Zeiss v6 vs Nightforce
My vote would be for 300 WinMag and night force I have 2 nightforce scopes love them to death and they are built like a tank as far as caliber the 300 WinMag can do anything you want with different bullets and powder's and also brass is everywhere

Have you considered the 30 nosler? The only advantage you'll have with the other two is better factory ammo.

I feel like the nosler is an easy to tune highly overlooked round. I've managed.1.5 inches or better at 300 yards from 4 bullets in 3 weights.

My current load and favorite is a 230 berger at 2950 doing a little better than 1.5 at 300.

Both good scope options and without more detail I wouldn't say one over the other although NF has the reputation.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.