Cabela's tactical scopes

CPerkins

Cabela\'s tactical scopes

I just got in the 2007 shooting catalog and saw that Cabela's now has tactical scopes. Side focus, mildot, target turrets, and the price was great. Anyone seen them or know any information on who is making them?

Re: Cabela\'s tactical scopes

I noticed some of their scopes in their reloading catalog. Why would anyone expect to get S&B quality at Cabela's prices??
Anyhow...the way that Cabela's stands behind their products and with their liberal return policy I WOULD NOT BE AFRAID to give one a try....or look at one before complaining it can't be as good as a top of the line scope...which it probably wasn't designed to be in the first place.

I can't remember where I saw the review but Cabela's scopes were tested versus other manufacturer's high end scopes that cost a bit more. After torture tests that (if memory serves me correctly)included immersion, fog, shock and repeatability of adjustments, Cabelas scopes came out on top. Based on my experience with retailers' brands (Bass Pro and Cabela's) they tend to be good buys for the money.

My $0.02

Didn't know they were making any tactical scopes.

I have a Cabela's Alaskan Guide Premium 6.5-20 on a 204 Ruger. I'm very impressed with this scope. It compared well with the VX III. The non-Premium Alaskan Guide scopes are nowhere near as good but the Premiums are worth twice their price.

I BOUGHT A CABLAS PINE RIDGE 6-18X40 WITH THE THREE ADJ. KNOBS YHINK IT WAS 189.$ IT WILL GO ON MY NEXT 308. THEY ARE MADE IN CHINA. THE NcSTAR IS A GOOD CLEAR SCOPE FOR THE BUCK I HAVE A FIXED 6 POWER AND IT IS AS CLEAR AS MY LEOPOLD. (TASCO IS A DON'T BUY SCOPE)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.