Cabela's rant

Same problem I had. That's why I deal with my local gun shop. Either order it through them or online. I shop local whenever I can, don't even shop at sportsman's warehouse. No big box stores for me their a joke. Most of the staff I've dealt with have no knowledge of the product they sell or training. Don't even care the specialty reloading equipment.

Same problem I had. That's why I deal with my local gun shop. Either order it through them or online. I shop local whenever I can, don't even shop at sportsman's warehouse. No big box stores for me their a joke. Most of the staff I've dealt with have no knowledge of the product they sell or training. Don't even care the specialty reloading equipment.
Haha - it always kills me when I am at the gun department and I am listening to the guys behind the counter spew incorrect facts or push a certain product that they have no knowledge of but have been told to shove down peoples throats. There have been a couple times where somebody really knew what they were talking about...most of the time its some college kid or retired dude back there.

Haha - it always kills me when I am at the gun department and I am listening to the guys behind the counter spew incorrect facts or push a certain product that they have no knowledge of but have been told to shove down peoples throats. There have been a couple times where somebody really knew what they were talking about...most of the time its some college kid or retired dude back there.
(hey some of us retired guys shoot and know a thing or two..like to not work at cabela's)

Cabelas has lost a lot of the hunting communities business. Aside from price increases on "milk and egg" items, and lack of competitive prices on products easily sourced and advertised by competitors. It's almost a half day event purchasing a firearm from them with all their "each step oversight" of employees handling your firearm before you can get out the door. I could almost buy a truck quicker then a gun from them. Cabelas has become a mission critical only place for me to purchase from.

Because of exactly this statement I buy all my guns from one small shop now. No sense going through the torture at the big box stores

I live 5 miles from a Cabela's and about 20 from Bass Pro. Bought many (too many)firearms from Cabela's after comparing prices between the two and Cabela's was always cheaper. Now it looks like most of my sporting goods purchases will be from Academy, 7 miles away, unless I can't find what I want. Our bargain department is also gone.

Yup...Cabelas did what they had to do...sold out for big money....
Now BP is gonna eat it.......
I havent any use for them any longer and my card will be gone very soon...

Bass Pro was the "KMart" of hunting stores and has taken Cabelas down to their level, sorry to see them go... Hello Sportsman's! Just my two cents worth.

Bass Pro was the "KMart" of hunting stores and has taken Cabelas down to their level, sorry to see them go... Hello Sportsman's! Just my two cents worth.
Unfortunately Cabelas is the only outdoor store in my area. I don't count stores like Dick's... Fortunately I do have some mom and pop places I can get supplies.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts