CA: Trinity alps area for blacktail?

BoltActionBrotherhood

Hey fellas, I have been looking for more of a back country hunting spot for this upcoming season. I know that no one likes to share their spots. Just curious if anyone has had any luck in the area specifically the lilypad lake/ shimmy lake Eleanor areas before I make the long drive and effort to scout it out.
This whole trinity Alps area looks otherworldly!

I've never hunted up there, but spent a summer working a bridge project at Coffee Creek and multiple trips at night over the pass on hwy 3. Saw more than a few BIG bucks.

I've never hunted up there, but spent a summer working a bridge project at Coffee Creek and multiple trips at night over the pass on hwy 3. Saw more than a few BIG bucks.
My mom has some property right off highway 3 in coffee creek. I don't think they are around during the season lol, cause I didn't see a single bucks, there or further up those mountains as well.
of course the week after the season when rain came my mom said she saw a bunch of deer on their property lol.

I'll be up there with you as long as I get time off work. Well, not exactly in the trinity's, I'll be just a little north in the marbles. Deer heard is very low. Almost willing to bet money you'll see more bears than deer (at least we did in 19). But the area up there sure is beautiful though. Good luck to you and bring a fishing pole. Tons of Brookies up in the streams and lakes.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.