CA Ridgeline barrel break in

I'm completely perplexed on the Christensen ridgelines...I hear 10 guys say they love them, show off awesome accuracy, and then a gun shop will say they have sent a lot back due to problems...I've heard this negative report from 3 shops now but it seems 80-90% of folks on the forums love them. I have also had two gun shops that bragged on them.

I'm completely perplexed on the Christensen ridgelines...I hear 10 guys say they love them, show off awesome accuracy, and then a gun shop will say they have sent a lot back due to problems...I've heard this negative report from 3 shops now but it seems 80-90% of folks on the forums love them. I have also had two gun shops that bragged on them.

That's all part of the fun :D
I've heard a lot of negative second hand info as well, that's part of the reason I poke fun about it on this forum. I'm not an expert shooter, gunsmith or reloader as so many on this forum are, but I have been happy with my Ridgeline. For my budget, skill set and experience level, the rifle was the best I could afford and exceeds my capabilities. It's made in America and has a certain "cool" factor with the carbon barrel.

Are there better rifles, sure. Has Christensen had some issues, I don't doubt it at all.

I'm trying too scrape the funds too buy a Mesa long range! I'll do what I always do and inspect every inch of it I can before I walk too the cashier and deal with whatever happens after that

I'm trying too scrape the funds too buy a Mesa long range! I'll do what I always do and inspect every inch of it I can before I walk too the cashier and deal with whatever happens after that

My buddy bought one in 300 Win, he had to order it sight unsean (same as me). He has been very happy with it so far. He is not a big budget guy, so the cost was a big issue. The competition for his choice was with Browning's X-Bolt Hells Canyon long range. I think the Made in USA and Broz video sold him on the Christensen.

I watched that video and was impressed. I'm torn between the 7rm and 6.5 prc . No desire for a 300wm for deer!

I watched that video and was impressed. I'm torn between the 7rm and 6.5 prc . No desire for a 300wm for deer!
7rm all the way. Have a gunsmith throat your chamber for 180vld and you'll have a great rifle for elk on down out to a long way out!

7rm all the way. Have a gunsmith throat your chamber for 180vld and you'll have a great rifle for elk on down out to a long way out!

One of the downsides in Christensen factory rifles is their twist rate offering. The Mesa Long Range is 1:9 twist, which appears fine for the 180 VLD, but not good for the heavier Hammer Hunters. My state (CA) is lead free and I assume other states will be following :(

what ring height do you need to run on that christensen action to make sure the bolt handle doesn't hit the scope? I'm planning to run a 3-15x42 swfa. I really appreciate everyone's input. Thanks!!!!!!!

The Hawkins Hybrid low rings work well on the Ridgeline with scopes up to 50mm. I also have a Ridgeline with an ATACR 4-16x42 mounted on a bedded seekins base with Seekins low 34mm rings. Both setups clear the bolt fine. The Hawkins lows allows a better cheek weld without installing an adjustable cheek piece.

I'm also running low Hawkins Hybrid rings on my ridglines with vx6hd 3-18x44. Only issue I had was if the scope is mounted forward enough the bolt when opened will hit the throw lever on the scope power selector ring when on max power. Had to slid the scope back a touch to clear. Added a bigger knob on the bolt handle and it all works well now. Could always just ditch the throw lever too.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.