CA deer bullet

There is several custom ammunition companies that are loading with Hammers. Superior Ammunition, Unknown Munitions, Evolved Munitions, and Colorado Custom Cartridges. They all do a great job. Also you can check out customcartridge.com. They are launching a full line of ammunition this spring with Hammers. Their Orion line of ammunition. They are taking pre orders for anyone that is interested.

By the way we do ship to Canada. Canada just happens to be the most expensive country in the world to ship bullets to. We are working with FedEx to get set up with their Ground to get the price down a bit, but most of the cost is Canada taking their share.

People that try to teach others how to violate the law should not be taken seriously.
Well....you had to include the last sentence! Where would be the fun if you hadn't! I was only 50% serious...the other 50% meant in good fun. But I can fully understand your position Steve...you are part of California gold rush...great timing for you. Democracy...is meant to be RULES MADE BY THE MAJORITY FOR THE MAJORITY...not minorities...if the other 49 states can hunt with the bullet of their choice and not have to pay an OUTRAGEOUS PREMIUM for a specialty bullet... where's democracy! And since you are so MISINFORMED about Canada wanting their portion on your bullets....it's CALLED EXCHANGE RATE! This is common to EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD! Unfortunately...we used to have a Dollar on the World market...today we call it a Peso... which just happens to be worth 28% less than your real dollar! So add 28% to your over inflated price and you are roughly 60-80% higher than the competition in every aspect that we have known and lived with and supported! Best of success!

Actually the lead killing the condors is from lead based paint in power poles but that evidence was NEVER ALLOWED when CA was trying to pass the laws. It is just another anti hunting law passed by lib-tards in this state. It is about them limiting the ammo because they cannot limit the guns. They are in record saying that if they can't ban hunting they will make it as hard as it can be to limit the ability of hunting to get the material they need to hunt (bullets&ammo). It was a way of increasing the cost. I had to shoot dove last year with steel shot. It leads to a lot more crippled birds and fliers that land 100+ yards away before they die and are never retrieved by most hunters

Well....you had to include the last sentence! Where would be the fun if you hadn't! I was only 50% serious...the other 50% meant in good fun. But I can fully understand your position Steve...you are part of California gold rush...great timing for you. Democracy...is meant to be RULES MADE BY THE MAJORITY FOR THE MAJORITY...not minorities...if the other 49 states can hunt with the bullet of their choice and not have to pay an OUTRAGEOUS PREMIUM for a specialty bullet... where's democracy! And since you are so MISINFORMED about Canada wanting their portion on your bullets....it's CALLED EXCHANGE RATE! This is common to EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD! Unfortunately...we used to have a Dollar on the World market...today we call it a Peso... which just happens to be worth 28% less than your real dollar! So add 28% to your over inflated price and you are roughly 60-80% higher than the competition in every aspect that we have known and lived with and supported! Best of success!
The fact that it is a bullet makes it cost more to get into Canada than non gun related items. Canada is charging you more because it is a bullet. Nothing to do with exchange rate.

Our competition is other cnc lathe turned pure copper bullets and we are not more expensive.

I run 130gr ttsx in my 300 win mag for California deer. I think light weight is the ticket for these little deer. I ran the 180 ttsx and had a couple not expand but since I dropped down to the 130 it's been working

I've thought about this too but the only luck I have is bad luck so I'll stick to the rules. I do carry a sidearm (loaded with lead!) when I'm out by myself so I am illegal already and don't need something else getting me in trouble.
I carry my Glock 20 in 10mm with either Barnes or Lehigh Defense Lead Free bullets when I'm hunting in California. In Colorado I carry Buffalo Bore 200 grain hardcast or the Lehigh deep penetrater.

Run whatever you can find available and what shoots well in your rifle. No deer in CA will know the difference. I haven't seen any wardens who really care what you're shooting outside of the "condor range".
All of California is now considered Condor Range. They are lobbying Arizona and Nevada to get the lead out as well.

It' all a bunch of **** too. There was a gamewarden that supplied the injuire pray bird smaller birds shot by a shotgun he used. Never had one of the larger birds die of eating lead shot. I wish I had saved the article, but that was a great many years ago.

Actually the lead killing the condors is from lead based paint in power poles but that evidence was NEVER ALLOWED when CA was trying to pass the laws. It is just another anti hunting law passed by lib-tards in this state. It is about them limiting the ammo because they cannot limit the guns. They are in record saying that if they can't ban hunting they will make it as hard as it can be to limit the ability of hunting to get the material they need to hunt (bullets&ammo). It was a way of increasing the cost. I had to shoot dove last year with steel shot. It leads to a lot more crippled birds and fliers that land 100+ yards away before they die and are never retrieved by most hunters
You're right. It makes no difference what is killing the condors or any other animals in Califunky. Voters there as a general rule must never pay any attention to what they are voting on. Those of you with common sense should move out of that crumbling state and take your take dollars with you. DON'T COME TO TEXAS. We have too many out-of-staters here now who keep voting for the same things they voted for in their screwed-up state they left behind because that state was too liberalized for them to live there anymore. We are getting the whole of Central and South America, not to mention immigrants from 150 other nations, crossing our southern border. We have all the democratic voters one state can handle. I think I would rather give up the lead.

It' all a bunch of **** too. There was a gamewarden that supplied the injuire pray bird smaller birds shot by a shotgun he used. Never had one of the larger birds die of eating lead shot. I wish I had saved the article, but that was a great many years ago.
I hunt dove with lead shot over the same ponds I hunt ducks and geese over with steel shot. My game warden told me that it makes all the difference because people use larger shot to kill ducks and geese. We always hunted with #71/2 or #8 lead shot for dove, ducks, and sometimes geese. #4 lead shot was about as big as we ever shot at geese. This game warden has a Ph.D. in accounting. He hasn't yet graduated from kindergarten in common sense, but that seems to be the way they train federal law enforcement these days.

You're right. It makes no difference what is killing the condors or any other animals in Califunky. Voters there as a general rule must never pay any attention to what they are voting on. Those of you with common sense should move out of that crumbling state and take your take dollars with you. DON'T COME TO TEXAS. We have too many out-of-staters here now who keep voting for the same things they voted for in their screwed-up state they left behind because that state was too liberalized for them to live there anymore. We are getting the whole of Central and South America, not to mention immigrants from 150 other nations, crossing our southern border. We have all the democratic voters one state can handle. I think I would rather give up the lead.
Guess what? They are coming to Texas. You have HP moving there, and that will bring Lib their. I do agree that needs to be some type of test to see if you fit in or not. Yes they have screwed up Mex-ilfornia for sure, and back east too. I feel there some very good laws there in Texas.
There 319 square mile can control this country has the enough people in to tell the rest of us what to do. Be glad the election aren't totally based on number of people alone.

Last edited:
Guess what? They are coming to Texas. You have HP moving there, and that will bring Lib their. I do agree that needs to be some type of test to see if you fit in or not. Yes they have screwed up Mex-ilfornia for sure, and back east too. I feel there some very good laws there in Texas.
There 319 square mile can control this country has the enough people in to tell the rest of us what to do. Be glad the election aren't totally based on number of people alone.
The democraps want to have every vote count and to do away with the electoral college so they can mail out millions of ballots, and do ballot harvesting. It is easier to cheat that way. Yep, they are coming to Texas in mass. The problem with bringing mega-companies to Texas is that they do bring a trainload of liberal thinking morons with them, and then they vote for the same types of nonsense they had to leave behind in the liberal states they left. The city of Austin is a great example of what liberals are bringing to Texas. Homeless mental cases that add nothing to the sport of hunting or fishing.

I'm a public land hunter and unless I get drawn for a coveted tag I like to hike back to areas that don't see as much pressure. There really aren't a bunch of monster bucks where I hunt and shots are less then 300 yards. Have to use lead free bullets in CA. Usually carry my 270 with 130 grain Hornady GMX. This year I'm planning to use a new 308. So would you use a lighter 150 grain for the extra velocity, a larger 165 grain, or whatever the rifle shoots best (probably this option). But all things considered and if both bullets group equal do you see any advantage of the 150 vs 165?
I'd shoot the one that was the most consistently accurate. At less than 300 yards no deer will feel the difference in 15 grains.