CA deer bullet

Just keep Two coppers bullets in a holder on the gun.....you see a stranger....load em in! Otherwise...shoot and shut-up 🤣 it's a lot simpler than trying to hide a 50 bmg from prying eyes!
It's my understanding that even possessing lead ammo while hunting is a violation of the statute. I think its B>S> but it is what it is.
I have a .280 AI, Bartlein 1:9, Rem 700, that I shot LR comps for a couple of years (currently have 2500+ rounds on it....). Recently got the 143g Hammer Hunters to 3225fps and .549 MOA. With THAT kind of confidence, I don't have to worry about an encounter with an unsympathetic warden here in Commifornicatia! Taking that rifle/load combo to CO this year to spend the 22 pts. on a muley hunt.

I second other posts here: CALL STEVE AT HAMMER BULLETS. YOU'LL BE HAPPY! ANIMAL WILL BE DEAD1

It's my understanding that even possessing lead ammo while hunting is a violation of the statute. I think its B>S> but it is what it is.
I have a .280 AI, Bartlein 1:9, Rem 700, that I shot LR comps for a couple of years (currently have 2500+ rounds on it....). Recently got the 143g Hammer Hunters to 3225fps and .549 MOA. With THAT kind of confidence, I don't have to worry about an encounter with an unsympathetic warden here in Commifornicatia! Taking that rifle/load combo to CO this year to spend the 22 pts. on a muley hunt.

I second other posts here: CALL STEVE AT HAMMER BULLETS. YOU'LL BE HAPPY! ANIMAL WILL BE DEAD1
If you haven't shot an animal.....you always say...I'm not hunting...came out to do some target practice!

There is several custom ammunition companies that are loading with Hammers. Superior Ammunition, Unknown Munitions, Evolved Munitions, and Colorado Custom Cartridges. They all do a great job. Also you can check out customcartridge.com. They are launching a full line of ammunition this spring with Hammers. Their Orion line of ammunition. They are taking pre orders for anyone that is interested.

By the way we do ship to Canada. Canada just happens to be the most expensive country in the world to ship bullets to. We are working with FedEx to get set up with their Ground to get the price down a bit, but most of the cost is Canada taking their share.

People that try to teach others how to violate the law should not be taken seriously.

If you haven't shot an animal.....you always say...I'm not hunting...came out to do some target practice!
I've thought about this too but the only luck I have is bad luck so I'll stick to the rules. I do carry a sidearm (loaded with lead!) when I'm out by myself so I am illegal already and don't need something else getting me in trouble.

I'm a public land hunter and unless I get drawn for a coveted tag I like to hike back to areas that don't see as much pressure. There really aren't a bunch of monster bucks where I hunt and shots are less then 300 yards. Have to use lead free bullets in CA. Usually carry my 270 with 130 grain Hornady GMX. This year I'm planning to use a new 308. So would you use a lighter 150 grain for the extra velocity, a larger 165 grain, or whatever the rifle shoots best (probably this option). But all things considered and if both bullets group equal do you see any advantage of the 150 vs 165?
I would go with the 150 because:
1. a solid copper bullet is longer than a lead bullet( 150g will be similar length/twist as a cup-core 168)
2. The 150 going faster will be plenty, even try a 130... It will open better than a 168g and still penetrate the same. Inside 400y will be plenty for deer

A couple years ago they determined that the lead levels in the birds blood did not go down with the "no lead law " in the Condor range. Then they expanded it to all of California. It still did not go down so now they are saying that the birds are getting lead from Arizona and Nevada. Yes, that has to be it.

"Imagine a country within a country that has laws so bizzare that even catalytic converters and smog checks are required on all your firearms...."

Attachments

• raygun0163.jpg
    raygun0163.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 75
A couple years ago they determined that the lead levels in the birds blood did not go down with the "no lead law " in the Condor range. Then they expanded it to all of California. It still did not go down so now they are saying that the birds are getting lead from Arizona and Nevada. Yes, that has to be it.
We need to push the Biden administration to outlaw lead everywhere, not just Arizona and Nevada. I am certain that the lead level in condors had nothing to do with the fishing weights they eat from their scavenging the Pacific ocean, and everything to do with hunters and their lead bullets. Don't get me wrong, I am all for saving the condors, it is the lawmakers in Cali-stupid-fornia that I would like to go extinct in the real near future.

I've thought about this too but the only luck I have is bad luck so I'll stick to the rules. I do carry a sidearm (loaded with lead!) when I'm out by myself so I am illegal already and don't need something else getting me in trouble.
Does California police only use Copper! I think different rules apply to self defense...but what do I know....I'm Canadian! I've always lived by one Rule..I will survive and more importantly protect my family AT ANY COST! After that...I will let the courts decide! At my age....a life sentence just doesn't mean that much anymore!