Ca. Blacktail down.

Havoc

its the last week of deer season for CA's A zone. I've passed up a lot of buckmthis season trying to get my buddy a deer. Yesterday, my first day of my five day weekend and the ending of our season. We've had some rain come through and that put the bucks into the rut.

I meet my hunting buddy at 0630 and drive out to the ranch. As we are driving up to the place where we park, I look into the pasture and see a buck bedded down. I wave at my partner to get him to stop, grab my rifle out of the backseat. The buck either doesn't care that I'm there or has no idea, he hasn't even looked in my direction. I lay my scope across my mirror and put my cross hairs on the back of his neck, the buck is 62 yards away. I shot him just below the left ear with a 130 grain TTSX. Needless to say, he didn't even know what hit him. He's a 20" wide 3X2.

I'm having issues uploading pics, or I'd share.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.