CA bear hunting ban in the works

Funny you say that I thought those were already banned? I was born and raised in CA as well (Chico area) but moved away in 2001. Came back 2010-2013 and now back 2019-2022. I was so surprised to still see lead sinkers on the shelves.

I mean, I saw this coming with the ban of hound hunting then bobcat. They will pick away one piece at a time until hunting is a thing of the past.
We saw the same thing here. They came after bear baiting them bear hunting with dogs. In the end, they lost. We had a wolf hunt one year but they won that fight. The hunt was banned the following year. After this election, I have no doubts that the antis can get anything accomplished. They have a huge party to help them get it done.

I've been saying this for years now. They've realized that it would be impossible to just up and take the guns , so if they get hunting season closed up then it would be easier for them to try taking them . Good job California

I'll tell you what, if this bill goes through, the people who live in the Sierras are gonna have a mess to deal with. There are hundreds of bears roaming the neighborhoods at night looking for food. I had one break down my fence and had mydog chase him around the yard until he left. They need to rethink this one. They are at the top of the food chain below us.

I'll tell you what, if this bill goes through, the people who live in the Sierras are gonna have a mess to deal with. There are hundreds of bears roaming the neighborhoods at night looking for food. I had one break down my fence and had mydog chase him around the yard until he left. They need to rethink this one. They are at the top of the food chain below us.
The people that ban these hunters seasons don't care about facts. Just there own facts matter. Then the game wardens have to react to the outcome. Pro action is in full force when hunting regs are put in place. When those get removed by tree huggers, everyone is at risk of over population and human interaction from that situation. When people or domestic animals get hurt or dead, they don't have to answer to it, the game and fish depts do. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Those that vote for this stupidity don't live in the aftermath. They smugly vote from the cities and pat themselves on the back over a red wine and tofu dinner. Same stupidity on the introduce the wolves (no, not a RE introduction) here in Colorado. Voted in by the city dwellers.

Those that vote for this stupidity don't live in the aftermath. They smugly vote from the cities and pat themselves on the back over a red wine and tofu dinner. Same stupidity on the introduce the wolves (no, not a RE introduction) here in Colorado. Voted in by the city dwellers.
I was furious that got passed. My idiot in-laws are exactly the people who voted for it too, and proudly told me all about it. Big city stupidity is really ruining the other 99% of the country.

I've been saying this for years now. They've realized that it would be impossible to just up and take the guns , so if they get hunting season closed up then it would be easier for them to try taking them . Good job California
Nobody ain't taking ****.... Been hearing this forever.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.