buying used rifles

skandlus

How does someone know if the rifle they are paying $1- 2k for(from a forum), custom or factory is gonna be any good and shoot true?

How does someone know if the rifle they are paying $1- 2k for(from a forum), custom or factory is gonna be any good and shoot true?

The plain and simple truth is that you don't know!

Prior to making the purchase, I would suggest that you do your homework on the seller. Do a search on the forum they are selling on and you'll get a good idea of what the seller's reputation is. Beware of a seller with single digit posts that is trying to sell a particular higher priced item that cannot give you references.
There are allot of members that are new to a particular forum that they are trying to sell on, but have a great reputation on other forums.

It still all boils down to taking a man at his word.

Let your "gut" be your guide.

I have also seen where the seller allows for a couple day trial period. Something you could discuss with the seller.

All is fair in Love, War and Gun Deals!!! You may laugh and I do not buy used guns much but if I am going to look at one I take several things with me including my bore scope!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.