buying rifle actions

Pete L

Do you guys in the states need any special licence to buy a rifle action from a shop ?? Thing is Iam going to florida soon and was wondering if I can buy an action and ship it home to the Uk,will a local shop sell me one ??

i don't think you will have any problem getting someone to sell you one.don't think you'll have any problems taking it home either.an action is just a "gun part". parts don't seem to get any where near the attention as "guns"

An action is not a gun part, it is the gun. It has the serial number and has to be registered. A dealer can't sell to someone out of country, unless he wants to risk loosing his license. If he can find some one to purchase it for him and give it as a gift then he maybe able to get the job done.

Doesn't it have to go through an importer/exporter?
The way **** is right now, I would not even think about trying it.

Could end up in Cuba...

The action is the gun as stated before, so it will have to be purchased following the same rules as any firearm.
But the law does say you can buy the action and have it exported by the dealer to a dealer in your country. each dealer is allowed to export& import a few firearms each year if they fill out the proper paperwork, you can speed up the process if you have any paperwork from your end ready when you go to the dealer here.
their may be a charge for all the paperwork and you may have a fee for importing (duty) the action. In some cases it is easier to purchase the whole gun and strip it when you get it and sell the extra parts, you could make back some of the costs.
Good luck.

Here is the rule I go by re export/import:

Simply call Denise Tiffany at 406 228-4867. She and her husband specialize in import/export and she absolutely knows how to do it right.

[ QUOTE ]
Here is the rule I go by re export/import:

Simply call Denise Tiffany at 406 228-4867. She and her husband specialize in import/export and she absolutely knows how to do it right.

[/ QUOTE ]
will they be able to export me an action or two

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts