Buying primers off of Gunbroker

ORMD is the label for a hazardous material of a certain quantity. It is a hazardous material just not requiring all the 49CFR hazmat due to limited quantities. However, if quantity exceeds the threshold, all aspects of 49CFR apply.

Link: 49 CFR 173.63(b)(1)(iii)
(iii) Cartridges, small arms, Cartridges, power device (used to project fastening devices), Cartridges for tools, blank, and Cases, cartridge empty with primer that may be shipped as a limited quantity or ORM-D material are as follows:
(A) Ammunition for rifle, pistol or shotgun;
(B) Ammunition with inert projectiles or blank ammunition;
(C) Ammunition having no tear gas, incendiary, or detonating explosive projectiles;
(D) Ammunition not exceeding 12.7 mm (50 caliber or 0.5 inch) for rifle or pistol, cartridges or 8 gauge for shotshells;
(E) Cartridges for tools, blank; and
(F) Cases, cartridge, empty with primer.
(G) Cartridges, power device (used to project fastening devices).
(2) Packaging for Cartridges, small arms, Cartridges for tools, blank, Cases, cartridge empty with primer, and eligible Cartridges, power device as limited quantity or ORM-D material must be as follows:
(i) Ammunition must be packed in inside boxes, or in partitions that fit snugly in the outside packaging, or in metal clips;
(ii) Primers must be protected from accidental initiation;
(iii) Inside boxes, partitions or metal clips must be packed in securely-closed strong outside packagings;
(iv) Maximum gross weight is limited to 30 kg (66 pounds) per package; and
(v) Cartridges for tools, blank, Cartridges, power devices which are used to project fastening devices, Cases, cartridge, empty with primer, and 22 caliber rim-fire cartridges may be packaged loose in strong outside packagings.
ORM-D (other regulated materials for domestic transport only) is a marking for mail or shipping in the United States. Packages bearing this mark contain hazardous material in a limited quantity that presents a limited hazard during transportation, due to its form, quantity, and packaging.

they don't know what's in the box so don't worry about it when you order primers to your house they come in a cardboard box with no special stickers on it, hell I had a guy send me 6500 primers thru the post office. The ups store told me from now on I'm shipping car parts wink wink I've sent 50000 rounds thru that store, they told me they are not going to tell me no. People that sell on gunbroker are going to ship primers the same way as the factories ship them why do u care how u get them as long as u get them. If u are that worried sit at home, that's what the government told you to do LOL

I was going to buy some primers at a horrific high price, but decided its too high . Also read somewhere that laws are being broken in shipping . I told the seller that I decided not to purchase . He then said "I don't care about the money, its a service I'll give them to you". Something is seriously wrong there don't you all think ? Thought maybe its some kind of sting operation .

Please share with us the seller

Get caught shipping HazMat items, without the proper documentation, is a good way to spend some serious time at the greybar hotel.
USPS does not handle ammo, powder or primers. Period.
Remember that airliner that went down over the Everglades, killing everyone onboard ?
That was due to some idiot trying to save a buck on shipping. Sent restricted items that ended up on a passenger plane.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.