Buying primers off of Gunbroker

Iron Worker

I was going to buy some primers at a horrific high price, but decided its too high . Also read somewhere that laws are being broken in shipping . I told the seller that I decided not to purchase . He then said "I don't care about the money, its a service I'll give them to you". Something is seriously wrong there don't you all think ? Thought maybe its some kind of sting operation .

I believe if the seller uses the correct hazmat shipping it's legal. Also I would assume if any laws were being broken it would be on the seller not you? But I could be 100% wrong 😀

Sure...

Attachments

• primers.jpg
    primers.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 278
As far as I know UPS can ship if you declare it and pay the hazmat fees. I was just at the USPS office yesterday and that was their opinion also.

§ 171.1 Applicability of Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) to persons and functions. Federal hazardous materials transportation law (49 U.S.C. 5101 et seq.) directs the Secretary of Transportation to establish regulations for the safe and secure transportation of hazardous materials in commerce, as the Secretary considers appropriate. The Secretary is authorized to apply these regulations to persons who transport hazardous materials in commerce. In addition, the law authorizes the Secretary to apply these regulations to persons who cause hazardous materials to be transported in commerce.

49CFR Part 171 and Part 172 HAZMAT table applies to "persons" offering to ship whether you are a business or not. Which means ALL the legal requirements of 49 CFR apply to "private parties" as well.

I had seen that but was unsure if that applied to primers. Thanks Muddyboots.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.