Buying info

Bergara300LR

I would like to purchase a suppressor or two, but I'm not sure about the legal stand point, in how to to about it. I have heard of something called a trust does that makes it easier or not,and where would you get one ? Thanks for any help.

You should check out Silencershop.com or another similar website: https://www.silencershop.com/how-to-buy-a-silencer. Anyone who sells suppressors can likely step you through your options. A trust may take someone like them, or an attorney, to set up. It is simple and then anyone on your trust can use your suppressors. If you are the only one that will be using the suppressor, you can make the purchase as an individual. The claim is with the new eform system you can get approved in 90 days.

You should check out Silencershop.com or another similar website: https://www.silencershop.com/how-to-buy-a-silencer. Anyone who sells suppressors can likely step you through your options. A trust may take someone like them, or an attorney, to set up. It is simple and then anyone on your trust can use your suppressors. If you are the only one that will be using the suppressor, you can make the purchase as an individual. The claim is with the new eform system you can get approved in 90 days.
Thank you

Silencershop has a lot of good info. For me personally, when setting up a trust I prefer to use an attorney. This allowed me to ask a lot of pointed questions and verify what I heard from others. He set a lot of things straight regarding the laws and paperwork. It was well worth the money to me. I would recommend an attorney that is familiar with this process and has done it several times. You can usually tell pretty quickly with a simple phone call if this is the right one for the job. I am not saying that an online trust group is not good, I just wanted to ask a lot of questions ahead of time from a local attorney who did these quite often.

I purchased a TBAC Dominus Suppressor in March 2021 and I'm still waiting for the phone call to come a pick up from the class 3 dealer where it's been sitting patiently waiting for me. I bought the suppressor from mile high shooting in Colorado and had it shipped to my local class 3 firearms dealer. That process took several weeks as it's more complicated than shipping a gun from one FFL to another. I then used the Silencer Shop for all the paperwork. My advice is to find a dealer who has a Silencer Shop Kiosk at their store. You can find locations on Silencer Shop's website. This made the whole process way easier. You can get your fingerprints and photo's all right there at the same time. I had all the paperwork completed through the Kiosk in less than 30 minutes. I purchased the single shot trust through the Silencer Shop rather than purchase the suppressor as an individual. The Silencer Shop literally does all the work for you. They emailed me forms to electronically sign and submitted everything to good ole' Uncle Sam. The government cashed my tax stamp check on April 28, 2021 and I'm still waiting for the background check to clear. I have a predator hunt planned in Texas in March this year and was really hoping to have that darn suppressor to take with me. My luck, I'll probably get the call that my paperwork has been approved the week after I get back.