Buying from classifieds

regardless of how you pay or receive payment with the USPS mail its might not get there had it happened twice when I mailed a set of dies to Colorado to make it right i sent another set the other was a rem 700 short action magazine box both never left my post office so i next day aired the magazine box to make it right
I try to only use UPS just for the reasons you stated. USPS might never get there!

Just another thought!!!We are talking about PAYING for an item in Classifieds and the seller getting more or less a guarantee of payment before they send the item out.
What about the buyer getting some kind of a guarantee for the items they buy??? It seems like the seller always wants the funds before sending the items out. I would like to know us as "Buyers" get any confidence with getting our items??? We can send the funds, then the seller gets the funds, but what if they don't send the items to you?
Just a thought.
We personally make a deal and if selling, ship the item out as soon as the deal is made. If we get PayPal it is instant payment, but if checks take a while. We always trust the buyer and try to get the item(s) to them as soon as possible. We don't wait for the check to arrive or clear. We just have faith in humanity and the people we deal with on this forum are hunters/shooters - BEST people in the world. We trust in GOD and our fellow hunters/shooters!

What about the buyer getting some kind of a guarantee for the items they buy???
What did you have in mind?🤔 I actually created a YouTube channel a few weeks ago solely for the purpose of making 'video advertisements' so that potential buyers could get a more up close and personal/multi-dimensional view of sale items……BUT, I decided against doing that because I realized I'd be 'advertising' to more than just potential customers……know what I mean?
We can send the funds, then the seller gets the funds, but what if they don't send the items to you?
It's a risk……just like driving down the road everyday……still have to drive though. This is where relying on site history/trader feedback should help alleviate some anxiety associated with our transactions here. I care more about my reputation than I do money and do my utmost to ship same day or next day at the latest….barring Holidays and unforeseen complications that inevitably pop up on rare occasions. This is where honest, swift communication needs to be applied. Silence is stressful…..and somewhat deafening oddly enough. 😐
We don't wait for the check to arrive or clear.
I do……except for one time…I had 100% confidence in the member though 😉, and it saved me an additional trip to the post office (I was going there anyway). Having a particular (and natural) 'order of events' with transactions just seems to keep everything 'on the level'.

the people we deal with on this forum are hunters/shooters - BEST people in the world.
Totally agree!

What did you have in mind?🤔 I actually created a YouTube channel a few weeks ago solely for the purpose of making 'video advertisements' so that potential buyers could get a more up close and personal/multi-dimensional view of sale items……BUT, I decided against doing that because I realized I'd be 'advertising' to more than just potential customers……know what I mean?

It's a risk……just like driving down the road everyday……still have to drive though. This is where relying on site history/trader feedback should help alleviate some anxiety associated with our transactions here. I care more about my reputation than I do money and do my utmost to ship same day or next day at the latest….barring Holidays and unforeseen complications that inevitably pop up on rare occasions. This is where honest, swift communication needs to be applied. Silence is stressful…..and somewhat deafening oddly enough. 😐

I do……except for one time…I had 100% confidence in the member though 😉, and it saved me an additional trip to the post office (I was going there anyway). Having a particular (and natural) 'order of events' with transactions just seems to keep everything 'on the level'.

Totally agree!
Chris,

I will second that you care about your reputation first. This reminds me of our transaction. It takes two-way communication and feedback for a successful transaction. I loved the ceremonial video with your daughter that you sent me. IIRC, this started our friendship and mutual trust and respect.

Folks, trust and respect is not dead; there are lots of people here that you can still deal with confidence.

Cheers!

Ed

This reminds me of our transaction. It takes two-way communication and feedback for a successful transaction. I loved the ceremonial video with your daughter that you sent me. IIRC, this started our friendship and mutual trust and respect.
Yes, Sir! My last paragraph in that quote was specifically referring to our transaction. Never had a doubt, my friend. I knew you were as solid as they come. 👍

If you do your due diligence on both ends, you will be safe. Don't get enamored with the "deal" without looking at the "facts" of the situation.

Think of the classifieds as a bar room, does the pretty girl say all the right things to give you the impression she's interested in you or does she do the right things to show you she's interested in you?

If you do your due diligence on both ends, you will be safe. Don't get enamored with the "deal" without looking at the "facts" of the situation.

Think of the classifieds as a bar room, does the pretty girl say all the right things to give you the impression she's interested in you or does she do the right things to show you she's interested in you?
That's a great analogy right there. Cool! 👍

I've had nothing but good experiences buying, selling and trading on here and a couple other sites. For anything thats a smaller amount of money I will use PayPal F&F but I understand the risk associated with it should something go wrong. If it's a bigger ticket item I prefer USPS MO or a check and I'm going to have multiple conversations with seller first, preferably one over the phone and will gladly do the same if I'm the seller to get a good feeling for both parties.

I will say the group here can sniff out a scam pretty well and they aren't afraid to call it out either.

I won't buy from anyone that's not been around a really long time and who's not noticeably active on the forum. I'd buy from Feenix in a heartbeat (I think I may have already done so) but I wouldn't buy from OP at all at this point. He'll need to be here a lot longer and contribute to the site in a natural sort of progression. Nothing against OP, he's just too new. Join to sell members are poison to the community. I've bought single items from here that were $8,000 and had no question about how the deal would go because I chose who I'd buy from very carefully. In that kind of a case Venmo/Zelle/PP F&F are entirely ok options. Paypal is usually not an option for the stuff you'd get from here and even if you do use it with the goods/services option you are unlikely to get any buyer protection in the end. Caveat emptor applies.