Buying and Shooting Ammo for the Brass

I've done it a few times before. Couple times because I didn't have the dies yet and I could not wait to go shoot the rifle. A couple times because I wanted to see how my new PRS rifle shot premium target ammo…to give me a accuracy mark to beat with my reloads. Oh and also I wanted to find a good target bullet
To start with too. Lastly a couple years ago I bought a new Browning 300wm long range from Gun Broker and my insurance agent/FFL said he had 10 boxes of Remington 180gr he'd sell me for $15 a box. I couldn't pass it up. I shot two boxes of it, but my gun didn't like it. I pulled the bullets and reloaded the rest.
In every case above I did eventually buy quality brass from Lapua or Peterson. The difference is worth the cost. No more culling and sorting brass.
I know It's hard to find any brass these days so I would not hesitate to buy and reload factory Ammo again until my preferred brass became available.

Yep, done it plenty of times when availability is lean or find people getting out of calibers and selling off their ammo. Try to stay within brands I reload and keep it quality.

How much shotgun powder will you use for that? I have some 308 Lapua brass that I will fire form with COW for my first time ever. I remember reading about one load of 15 grs of shotgun powder. What say you?

I recently created a thread regarding fire forming on this site. Lots of good info was posted. I did my fire forming this weekend on 300 RUM brass using 16 grains of Universal with CoW and a small cap using Ivory bar soap. Worked great.

I don't always buy ammo for the brass.
I have 50 boxes of Winchester white/yellow box 222 Remington 50g Spire Points for the Zombie Apocalypse! They cost me $5 a box, bought 20 boxes of Winchester white/yellow box 257 Roberts 100g Spire Points at the same auction for $5 a box.
There was more, but it was split into different lots. Also have 10 boxes of Norma 22-250 50 SP that I found at a deceased estate sale, the lot cost me $40.
The list goes on.
I'm always on the lookout for a bargain when it comes to ammo/brass/powder.

Cheers.