Buying a Zeiss Conquest... A couple questions first...

MooseMasher

I'll been doing some research and it looks like I'm going to get a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44mm scope with the Rapid Z800 reticle and the hunting turrets. Looks like a great scope for hunting and it is reasonably priced. I'll be mounting is on a Rem Sendaro in 300 WM. Before I go buy this I just wanted to check and see what your guy's opinions were on the scope and the reticle. Should I be looking at getting the mil dot reticle instead with the target turrets or should I be looking at a scope with a larger objective lens like the 4.5-14x50mm scope?

I'm also planning on mounting this to my riffle with Burris Xtreme Tactical Rings. They seem to be fairly heavy duty and, I hate to admit this, they look pretty **** cool. Any problems with the scope rings?

Finally I'm going to put the Flatline's Hunter Lever with their angle indicator. Has anyone used this setup?

Would appreciate any feedback on these items. Thanks in advance!

I have the exact scope you're inquiring about with the RZ800. It's a great setup. I had target turrets installed by Zeiss last year. The adjustments are true and and the optics are crisp. When using the reticle magnification calculator, the reticle is spot on.

I have the same scope with the Z-Plex. I sent out out to Zeiss last year and they put the target turrets on. I use it on my 7MMRM. I recently put it on my 6.5Creedmoor so I can shoot the rifle till my new scope comes in. Today was the first time that I ever dialed for yardage. With my ballistics program I was hitting targets out to 865yrds. First time for that too. This past week I have been thinking of selling my scope and getting a new one with target turrets and Rapid-Z ballistic reticles. I suggest that you look on the Zeiss website and look at there Rapid-Z Calculator. After doing that I realized that I could not get the correct Rapid-Z Reticle for my load with the 4.5-14x50mm.

As far as scope quality I think it is great. Right now the only scope I have to compare to it is a Leupold VX3 4.5-14x50LR with Varmint Reticle. Hands down the Conquest has much clearer glass to my eyes. I think it would have plenty of adjustment out to 1000yrds with correct MOA bases.

Thanks for all the replies! Looks like I'll be getting that Zeiss scope.

What do you guys think of the Zeiss Online Ballistics Calculator? I was hoping to be able to load it on a PDA and bring it with me but that doesn't seem like an option. How does the calculator handle reloaded ammo?

The calculator works great. I have a rz800 I use with my 340 weatherby and it's regular hits at 700. I hadn't tried any further. Buy it. You wont regret it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.