Buying a used rifle from Cabelas Gun library

ImLegend

I hope to hear from people who have actually done this, if I wanted to buy a used rifle from cabalas gun library but the rifle is in a store in another state, would they ship it to a store near me and if so would they charge extra to do this?

anyone that has done this I would like to know if it went well and if you would do it again

I was told in December that a gun could be bought in any store (online) and sent to any FFL of your choosing for $25. This would of course be subject to all applicable state laws. Call the Cabela's gun desk and they will set it up for you.

also late last year they told me that they would ship to other cabelas stores I don't know about other ffls didn't think of that ,I believe they also said that you have the option to turn it down at the cost of the $25.00 you have already paid

I hope to hear from people who have actually done this, if I wanted to buy a used rifle from cabalas gun library but the rifle is in a store in another state, would they ship it to a store near me and if so would they charge extra to do this?

anyone that has done this I would like to know if it went well and if you would do it again

Yes, they will only ship to another Cabelas store >>> http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=OnlineFirearmGuidelines and you are responsible for the FFL see and shipping cost (unless it states otherwise). Not from the gun library but a friend ordered a couple of rifles last month without any issues.

I've bought a couple at Cabelas up in PA & had em shipped to my FFL in NC. There was no issue in this, and I don't remember it being expensive.

Quick story to show how honorable Cabelas really is. One of my purchased guns was a S&W Schofield 45(actual) in estate sale. The salesman quoted me a price at least $5K low of what I knew the value was. So I bought it immediately.
Before it reached my FFL, Cabelas management called and pleaded with me to cancel the sale, as the price paid was a big mistake, and they even offered to compensate me some for my trouble.
Well, I felt bad about it, but I had been searching for that gun for a very long time, and I would not concede to their offer.
Unbelievably (to me) Cabelas did not put up a fuss about it, they honored it. They bit the loss I'm sure.

Now I do honestly feel guilty about that, and so every year since I stretch to spend as much as can at that store. I guess eventually I'll feel better about it.

I bought 2 from the gun library, both shipped to my local dealer. One in 2013 a magnum research bfr 475 linbaugh. Exactly as described and all went well. 2015 I bought a Remington 700 cdl sf 257 weatherby. Description was excellent condition. Rifle shows up with green corrosion inside the barrel, rust on the outside of the barrel and someone did a horrible job bedding it. Bedding compound all over the outside of the stock. I called to chew some butt and they told me my FFL dealer that received the gun must have tampered with it. Yea ok. I returned it and will never buy used online through them again. Hopefully things have changed since then

By the way I'm not bashing Cabelas. I spend a lot there. It was only that one gun department that let me down. I'll buy new from them online and used in person anytime

Used guns at Cabellas is a crapshoot. Of course, if its collectible, then you should be able to judge its value if you are knowledgeable. But the collectible scene is full of impostors, fakes and rehabs that are called original. So buyer beware.

As for basic guns, used as shooters, I have only limited experience, but it was not good. I think guns that end up at Cabellas as used or gun library guns are from two sources: Estates where families cannot deal with liquidating a collection, so they sell all to Cabellas. And individuals that have a gun that is not "what it should be". Not what it should be? Maybe it does not shoot. Maybe its a fake Maybe its been "fixed" to make it look better.

At the end of the day, be careful.....

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.