Buyers beware

@P7M13, @Sam4886, @ducky
I meant no disrespect towards any of you but this is how we conduct ourselves on this site, I have had this happen to me as well, on both ends and the results were the same, I might add as @Hecouldgoalltheway stated there are many that silently watch how people react and conduct themselves in situations like this, You find out a lot about folks real quick and the list continues to grow, For all that said there is more to the story and he should have handled this privately, There is and he did and while I will not go into detail I will tell you @RiverSink is total justified in his actions and I have his 6, once again I'm glad he had the stones to post it and hopefully save members here from the same fate @Deputy819, @FEENIX Thank You Gentlemen for being one of the many that make this Forum what it is

Bean
To me that's what the feed back posts are about good or bad unless it is made up just to cause someone grief then that's wrong but it happens it would depend if it was still a good buy or not but is the decision by the individual it's a scary society we live in when people are so lazy and with out morals. David

To bad, if you try and fill the gap it is going to make the forend heavy. I hate the feeling I know you have.

No it won't, or I should say not if you fill the entire forend. It'll make the stock about 1-1.5 ounces heavier, but shouldn't affect the balance much if any. I have almost the exact same set up but with a SS Classic FWT .30‐06 in Hunters Edge stock and it tips the scale at 1.7 ounces over 7 pounds with a Leupold 2.5-8X36 in Talley mounts.

So while that the stock has a sporter inlet, not FWT. It also has something going on at the forend tip that may have come from McMillan with that defect. To put this rifle together with ordering everything new would be $1900-2000. 10 years ago when I put my rifle together I paid $1100 for the used barreled action and used McMillan stock. It may not grade excellent by NRA standards, it's an excellent rifle for high country elk and deer hunting.

No it won't, or I should say not if you fill the entire forend. It'll make the stock about 1-1.5 ounces heavier, but shouldn't affect the balance much if any. I have almost the exact same set up but with a SS Classic FWT .30‐06 in Hunters Edge stock and it tips the scale at 1.7 ounces over 7 pounds with a Leupold 2.5-8X36 in Talley mounts.

So while that the stock has a sporter inlet, not FWT. It also has something going on at the forend tip that may have come from McMillan with that defect. To put this rifle together with ordering everything new would be $1900-2000. 10 years ago when I put my rifle together I paid $1100 for the used barreled action and used McMillan stock. It may not grade excellent by NRA standards, it's an excellent rifle for high country elk and deer hunting.
Is the seller your brother or something? You should probably stop while youre ahead. This garbage is indefensible. If you sell someone a rifle that has an inletting job done by Sanford and Sons, and don't disclose it, you are dishonest, and you've taken advantage of someone else's trust. The idea that in your mind, it will still kill elk, or by some arbitrary calculation, it's a good deal regardless is absolutely irrelevant. I don't know if you just climbed this hill and now you are going to die on it, but you are the king of making irrelevant points.

@ButterBean, I appreciate your mention, and I felt no disrespect. And to repeat, not how I would conduct business.
Now, can someone please post a picture of what a barrel channel *should* look like, compared to the one in the OP? I still do not see the defect everyone has pointed out.
Edit to add: I've sold enough stuff to know that dirt, dust and lint, coupled with lighting and camera angle, can make something in a photo look wrong.
Here's a crop of the issue in detail. Thanks - Jim

View attachment 288202
Right where the barrel tapers down the huge gap is not lighting or dust it is a huge gap not to mention not parallel with the barrel it fluctuates wider and narrower slightly and it's not centered on the barrel either

I have read these comments several times. I think (not sure) the seller is from a town near me. I feel he should be a Ga Gentleman and offer a solution. That would be reasonable and honorable. Just my thoughts. This post has me questioning whether I would be doing any online transactions.
I hope the seller does the right thing.
Just my thoughts!

I have read these comments several times. I think (not sure) the seller is from a town near me. I feel he should be a Ga Gentleman and offer a solution. That would be reasonable and honorable. Just my thoughts. This post has me questioning whether I would be doing any online transactions.
I hope the seller does the right thing.
Just my thoughts!
Of course there are no guarantees but members of this forum usually are very honest and upfront So don't form your opinion of Internet deals by this one transaction for the most part we all get along great and can iron out any problems encountered

After reading this whole thread I see no comment from the seller. But............................it is really hard to tell who is right or wrong without being a mind reader. If it was me I would try to make things right just for future interactions. Am I wrong??

After reading this whole thread I see no comment from the seller. But............................it is really hard to tell who is right or wrong without being a mind reader. If it was me I would try to make things right just for future interactions. Am I wrong??
I can assure you that the OP is in the right and he exhausted every means available before he made this post

My thoughts too. I would try to make amends or offer a return and refund on my dime if it would make the dissatisfied buyer happy.
I would hope a seller would give me that option.