Buyers beware

Just love this POST-NOT
83 Posts
on everyone's opinion on someone that purchased a rifle and was not happy with the purchase. Should be between the buyer and seller. Buyer should be aware of what he or she is purchasing. If you actually want to see the product (handle in your hands) go to the seller or just purchase a firearm form you LGS, Big Shops, online reputable dealers. Now it turned into a show on who can put their two cents into it. Not anything about the deal on this rifle between the buyer and seller.
And look at me - I fell into the trap and am contributing to wasted space on this forum. Shame on me, but would like it if you contribute to a post that doesn't turn into something like this where members start attacking each other and doesn't have anything to do with the original post.
If you truly got a bum deal it is good for us all to know, BUT make darn sure you are correct to defame someone. That's why we have a "Seller/Buyer" feedback.
Just a thought. I just didn't have anything better to do than read this post and then put my 2 cents in.

This thread has probably run its course. I didn't know the number of posts we have is a litmus test to how valuable (or not) our input is. Not everybody who has a low post count is a "newbie"...
Your implying something I didn't say, The member I'm assuming your referring too joined in January, has made very little interaction ( which is perfectly fine ) and then tells someone who is helping this community to "Get over It" SMH

Just love this POST-NOT
83 Posts
on everyone's opinion on someone that purchased a rifle and was not happy with the purchase. Should be between the buyer and seller. Buyer should be aware of what he or she is purchasing. If you actually want to see the product (handle in your hands) go to the seller or just purchase a firearm form you LGS, Big Shops, online reputable dealers. Now it turned into a show on who can put their two cents into it. Not anything about the deal on this rifle between the buyer and seller.
And look at me - I fell into the trap and am contributing to wasted space on this forum. Shame on me, but would like it if you contribute to a post that doesn't turn into something like this where members start attacking each other and doesn't have anything to do with the original post.
If you truly got a bum deal it is good for us all to know, BUT make darn sure you are correct to defame someone. That's why we have a "Seller/Buyer" feedback.
Just a thought. I just didn't have anything better to do than read this post and then put my 2 cents in.
It's in the feedback

Do the rules that Len expects all users of this site to adhere to no longer apply? Please see rule number 7.
Screenshot_20210731-123430_Samsung Internet.jpg

Looks to me like the barrel was contacting the left side and it was clearenced to fix that issue. Maybe that was the case, maybe not, but I can see why the seller thinks there's no issue there. I've seen plenty of higher end factory rifles with barrels cocked to one side or another.

I'm amazed this got to 5 pages, but here I am to comment, soo...

As a buyer you should have asked for more pics, agreed on an inspection period before you agreed on a final deal, and be aware that this is still the internet full of randos that couldn't care less about you personally.

In the big scheme of things, I bet it shoots just fine and a $200 lesson in internet commerce is pretty **** cheap. Get over it.
I bet it never gets shot.
This smells like a collector
That could be the world's most accurate 30-06 and the buyer wouldn't care.

This isn't Facebook.
Sadly and ironically, this thread has gone exactly the way one might expect at the dumpster fire called Facebook.
  • Contributors were ridiculed or shamed for having a different opinion
  • Members were called to question on their forum contribution and forum age
  • Members were warned that their opinions would affect their ability to sell stuff
  • All in the name of "trust" or "honor"
While I wouldn't be surprised if many members here were added to various ignore lists, I would find it pretty cool to turn this into a learning opportunity of what the barrel channel *should* have looked like, and what would be a better way to achieve a satisfactory conclusion to such a deal, rather than the dissatisfaction which now exists.

Bunch of sensitive sallies around here lately. Those were some used car salesman tactics. Buy from reputable members with feedback anything high dollar. Presence and feedback matters, not time. The end. My God, OP learned a lesson, shouldn't be that way but it happened. Hopefully it still shoots well to lesson the sting. Seemed to be a last ditch effort imo but ain't going to change a thing.

How would you feel about this condition in the pics.
I would've felt like I'd been mislead. As a member with quite a bit of Trader History here I feel it necessary to humbly chime in on this one. It would appear that the picture angle you provided likely wasn't provided in the sellers original ad because it was unsightly and could've affected the sale of the item. As an avid Buyer/Seller/Trader on this forum I feel that your word is a reflection of who you are, what you represent and how you do business. Conversely, the word (or images in this case) you leave out (intentionally or not) is also a reflection of the aforementioned.

I once sold a barreled action on this forum and did everything I could to provide adequate pictures and a thorough description of the item in question. When the buyer received it he sent me a picture of a defect that I had failed to notice and I was absolutely HORRIFIED and ASHAMED because I had inadvertently sold something that wasn't as I had portrayed it to be. Was a defect (not seen in pictures I provided by the way) that had never caused me any problems and yet still allowed the proper function of the firearm. My attention to detail wasn't what it should've been. I'd made an honest mistake, but it was a reflection on me nonetheless and I immediately sent him funds to replace the defective part. The buyer was completely happy with that resolution and left me heartfelt, positive feedback, but I still feel bad about it to this very day.

My point is as a Seller I feel you have a responsibility as much as humanly possible to give honest full disclosures/accurate descriptions of your items........and if something goes awry (which does happen from time to time......we're human 😇) make things right with your fellow members/customers/friends regardless of the circumstances or intentions behind the sale. I can't speak for anybody else here, but my name and reputation is INFINITELY more important than the "root of all evil".

I would've felt like I'd been mislead. As a member with quite a bit of Trader History here I feel it necessary to humbly chime in on this one. It would appear that the picture angle you provided likely wasn't provided in the sellers original ad because it was unsightly and could've affected the sale of the item. As an avid Buyer/Seller/Trader on this forum I feel that your word is a reflection of who you are, what you represent and how you do business. Conversely, the word (or images in this case) you leave out (intentionally or not) is also a reflection of the aforementioned.

I once sold a barreled action on this forum and did everything I could to provide adequate pictures and a thorough description of the item in question. When the buyer received it he sent me a picture of a defect that I had failed to notice and I was absolutely HORRIFIED and ASHAMED because I had inadvertently sold something that wasn't as I had portrayed it to be. Was a defect (not seen in pictures I provided by the way) that had never caused me any problems and yet still allowed the proper function of the firearm. My attention to detail wasn't what it should've been. I'd made an honest mistake, but it was a reflection on me nonetheless and I immediately sent him funds to replace the defective part. The buyer was completely happy with that resolution and left me heartfelt, positive feedback, but I still feel bad about it to this very day.

My point is as a Seller I feel you have a responsibility as much as humanly possible to give honest full disclosures/accurate descriptions of your items........and if something goes awry (which does happen from time to time......we're human 😇) make things right with your fellow members/customers/friends regardless of the circumstances or intentions behind the sale. I can't speak for anybody else here, but my name and reputation is INFINITELY more important than the "root of all evil".
Brother, you're a good man!

Ed

THIS MAN is reading and standing on words straight out of ((PROVERDS )),,Amen brother..

I want a 223 bolt Remington...found one that a semi-local guy was selling..."not shot much..exvellent condition"....at a high price..if I remember $1000 plus.....so I drove an hour to go check it out...that rifle had been shot so much the face of the bolt was lacking original coloring...can you imagine how many shots to discolor a SS action...
"Oh well I have another in the safe but it's been shot less"..bluing gone from bolt face...and I didn't know that "excellent stock" means completely sanded and recovered with extra thick epoxy to cover chips and other damages...and the clear proved it as 'reconditioned' as he forgot to wipe the sanding dust off the stock and it floated over the details....
So yes...there are a bunch of people here that are to make a buck.....
I just got lucky enough to be able to handle something..and see the lies ahead of time......

Maybe that stock is a replacement for an otherwise piece of garbage...
Feel lucky it is only the clearance...
Could have been worse....