Buyers beware

I'm not sure what post count has to do with anything. You took two words out of my post and decided to get sassy about it, completely ignoring the rest of it, which I think was constructive, by the way. Then you attack me because of a low post count.I bet you're fun at parties.
This is a community that operates on trust. Preserving that integrity is important to some of us. We police ourselves. This isn't Facebook.

This is a community that operates on trust. Preserving that integrity is important to some of us. We police ourselves. This isn't Facebook.
That's all fine and dandy until something like this happens. I was simply suggesting ways to keep yourself from getting stung.

Again, a couple hundred bucks is a pretty cheap lesson on this stuff. I've certainly learned more expensive ones.

Trust but verify.

That's all fine and dandy until something like this happens. I was simply suggesting ways to keep yourself from getting stung.

Again, a couple hundred bucks is a pretty cheap lesson on this stuff. I've certainly learned more expensive ones.

Trust but verify.
Well, I can tell you this:

There are probably a few hundred people quietly reading this thread without comment, and they probably keep a list, (like I do), and the seller, and people defending this questionable behavior might find it difficult to use the classified section in the future. It really works that way.

I'm not sure what post count has to do with anything. You took two words out of my post and decided to get sassy about it, completely ignoring the rest of it, which I think was constructive, by the way. Then you attack me because of a low post count.I bet you're fun at parties.
#1 I'm not attacking you I'm simply stating the facts You now have 28 posts in 7 months and 0 trader history
#2 Let it happen to you and then report back
#3 @Hecouldgoalltheway explained perfectly
#4 "Get Over it" is three words

Well, I can tell you this:

There are probably a few hundred people quietly reading this thread without comment, and they probably keep a list, (like I do), and the seller, and people defending this questionable behavior might find it difficult to use the classified section in the future. It really works that way.
ShoNuff

Trust but verify.
You just don't get do ya, How do you know it was a cheap lesson to the OP????? A couple hundred bucks comes hard for a lot of Folks

#1 I'm not attacking you I'm simply stating the facts You now have 28 posts in 7 months and 0 trader history
#2 Let it happen to you and then report back
#3 @Hecouldgoalltheway explained perfectly
#4 "Get Over it" is three words

You're misrepresenting what you said, that's a fact. You stated my post count then go snippy about me not making an introduction post or knowing how it works around here.

Ive done plenty of observation in 7 months. If you bothered to check anything besides my post count you would see that most of my posts are constructive.

I stated in the next post that you quoted about also being burned in the past. Its a crappy lesson to learn, but most of them are. At least the OP actually has a firearm in his hands. Go shoot it.

If the OP has the disposable income to gamble $1350 on the internet, a $200 lesson is pretty cheap. And yeah, buying anything on a forum is nothing but a gamble.

Congrats on your math abilities by the way, they're clearly better than your reading comprehension.

Looks like he knew about it by the way he took the pictures,, That's a shame to see that on this Site

The seller new he was misleading the buyer its fixable but shouldn't have happened hope he is the only one on this site that would do that

There is some more to this story. If you notice the buyer of this rifle had originally agreed to buy a Remington 30-06 that the same seller had listed. After the seller marked it as sold the buyer "OP" decided he didn't want the Remington and elected to buy the Winchester 30-06 that was listed. Seems there may be more to this story but man this is really dragging out. See post#3.

Last edited:
All I'm saying if OP accepted the rifle at his receiving FFL and paid for the transfer, he bought the rifle as is.

Both parties are probably so PO'd by now, what outcome is everyone expecting? I'm not saying the OP shouldn't have posted his complaint. Just that if he ever hoped for any resolution with the seller, it is now lost. He can either fix the rifle, live with it as is, or sell it again. Someone might want a 7lb M70 .30-06 and not be bothered by a FWT barrel in a sporter inlet.
IMHO The OP already exhausted any possibility of resolution before he posted the results. The results were posted for our benefit so we would not make the same mistake. That rifle does not come close to the advertised EXCELLENT condition. McMillian does NOT make stocks that resemble that as normal. I agree, repair it or sell and replace with the correct barrel channel stock. The OP is correct in his posting, THANK YOU!

You're misrepresenting what you said, that's a fact. You stated my post count then go snippy about me not making an introduction post or knowing how it works around here.

Ive done plenty of observation in 7 months. If you bothered to check anything besides my post count you would see that most of my posts are constructive.

I stated in the next post that you quoted about also being burned in the past. Its a crappy lesson to learn, but most of them are. At least the OP actually has a firearm in his hands. Go shoot it.

If the OP has the disposable income to gamble $1350 on the internet, a $200 lesson is pretty cheap. And yeah, buying anything on a forum is nothing but a gamble.

Congrats on your math abilities by the way, they're clearly better than your reading comprehension.
#1 I'm not representing anything you said
#2 I have read all 29 of your posts
#3 once again your assuming the OP has a disposable income, Do you know him or have you talked to him personally?
#4 My reading comprehension is fine

In the big scheme of things, I bet it shoots just fine and a $200 lesson in internet commerce is pretty **** cheap. Get over it.

If the OP has the disposable income to gamble $1350 on the internet, a $200 lesson is pretty cheap.

This thread has probably run its course. I didn't know the number of posts we have is a litmus test to how valuable (or not) our input is. Not everybody who has a low post count is a "newbie"...
Exactly! Sometimes folks can just "agree to disagree" or not.

I do wonder why the OP switched from buying the sellers Remington and switched to the Winny? At this point it really doesn't matter.

Recent Posts