Buyers beware

Your cited example has a material defect, an improperly "hacked" stock. The stock dies not look to me to be modified, though you say it does.
As for aesthetics, we disagree.

Your cited example has a material defect, an improperly "hacked" stock. The stock dies not look to me to be modified, though you say it does.
As for aeswe disagree. disagree.
Look at the left side of the barrel channel, it looks modified to me. If it's not modified, then it would be a Mcmillan issue that they should fix for free.

All I'm saying if OP accepted the rifle at his receiving FFL and paid for the transfer, he bought the rifle as is.

Both parties are probably so PO'd by now, what outcome is everyone expecting? I'm not saying the OP shouldn't have posted his complaint. Just that if he ever hoped for any resolution with the seller, it is now lost. He can either fix the rifle, live with it as is, or sell it again. Someone might want a 7lb M70 .30-06 and not be bothered by a FWT barrel in a sporter inlet.

Is this the way you conduct business?????
It is not the way I conduct business, but I do not interject my ethics when I see it as a debatable issue.

It was up for them to resolve.
Some will benefit from this thread.
I entered the fray because I did not see the problem.

All I'm saying if OP accepted the rifle at his receiving FFL and paid for the transfer, he bought the rifle as is.

Both parties are probably so PO'd by now, what outcome is everyone expecting? I'm not saying the OP shouldn't have posted his complaint. Just that if he ever hoped for any resolution with the seller, it is now lost. He can either fix the rifle, live with it as is, or sell it again. Someone might want a 7lb M70 .30-06 and not be bothered by a FWT barrel in a sporter inlet.
Not accepting it is easier said then done. I suppose the buyer could have paid the dealer to return ship the rifle and then potentially be out his original money, the rifle and the return shipping. The rifle could only be returned if the seller agreed to it and he did not.

One-on-one resolution was attempted by the buyer but it failed leaving him little recourse other than to enlighten us here on LRH as to what happened. I, for one, appreciate buyer/seller feedback.

Last edited:
It is not the way I conduct business, but I do not interject my ethics when I see it as a debatable issue.

It was up for them to resolve.
Some will benefit from this thread.
I entered the fray because I did not see the problem.
As he makes posts interjecting his ethics.

If irony was as heavy as iron, you wouldn't be able to carry it..

Not accepting it is easier said then done. I suppose the buyer could have paid the dealer to return ship the rifle and then potentially be out his original money, the rifle and the return shipping. The rifle could only be returned if the seller agreed to it and he did not.

One on one resolution was attempted by the buyer but it failed leaving him little recourse other than to enlighten us here on LRH as to what happened. I, for one, appreciate buyer/seller feedback.
Yep, Just send it back or leave it are easy words to say, but as you said , Very hard to do

He already knew it was a lost cause, Hence this post

Once again here is the For Sale thread, No mention of a modified inlet

And just for refernce here is a stock I have for sale

Looks to me like the barrel was contacting the left side and it was clearenced to fix that issue. Maybe that was the case, maybe not, but I can see why the seller thinks there's no issue there. I've seen plenty of higher end factory rifles with barrels cocked to one side or another.

I'm amazed this got to 5 pages, but here I am to comment, soo...

As a buyer you should have asked for more pics, agreed on an inspection period before you agreed on a final deal, and be aware that this is still the internet full of randos that couldn't care less about you personally.

In the big scheme of things, I bet it shoots just fine and a $200 lesson in internet commerce is pretty **** cheap. Get over it.

Looks to me like the barrel was contacting the left side and it was clearenced to fix that issue. Maybe that was the case, maybe not, but I can see why the seller thinks there's no issue there. I've seen plenty of higher end factory rifles with barrels cocked to one side or another.

I'm amazed this got to 5 pages, but here I am to comment, soo...

As a buyer you should have asked for more pics, agreed on an inspection period before you agreed on a final deal, and be aware that this is still the internet full of randos that couldn't care less about you personally.

In the big scheme of things, I bet it shoots just fine and a $200 lesson in internet commerce is pretty **** cheap. Get over it.
26 posts in and your telling someone to get over it, You don't have a clue how this forum works nor any of the folks here but your off to a flying start. Nice member introduction by the way, Oh yeah I forgot, you didn't take the time to do that

I'm not sure what post count has to do with anything. You took two words out of my post and decided to get sassy about it, completely ignoring the rest of it, which I think was constructive, by the way. Then you attack me because of a low post count.I bet you're fun at parties.