Buyers beware

Run the action on both and you'll understand why.
I don't know about you guys, but almost every McMillan stock I have ever seen and touched looked ugly. The one in question looks like Crayola crayon brown. Yuck. Shouldering one, much different, and where they derive their greatest value.

I'm not calling into question the OPs story. I see it differently despite his disclosure. Don't care about his PMs and texts and surely hope he doesn't feel compelled to reveal them.

And you won't mind if I offer you pennies on that Top Dollar. ;)
Now I get it, the OP's complaint is invalid because you don't like the color of his stock. 😒

Run the action on both and you'll understand why.
I don't know about you guys, but almost every McMillan stock I have ever seen and touched looked ugly. The one in question looks like Crayola crayon brown. Yuck. Shouldering one, much different, and where they derive their greatest value.

I'm not calling into question the OPs story. I see it differently despite his disclosure. Don't care about his PMs and texts and surely hope he doesn't feel compelled to reveal them.

And you won't mind if I offer you pennies on that Top Dollar. ;)
Your Words
If gun functions and performs flawlessly, seems to me the seller was A-OK in his description.
Aesthetics are subjective

So you wont mind if I sell you a stock that I said has a sporter channel even though its a been cut out for a Sendero with a hack saw because hey, It functions perfectly ?
And I have a bunch of McMillians and that's not factory

deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif

Now I get it, the OP's complaint is invalid because you don't like the color of his stock. 😒
Don't be silly, and please don't distort my meaning.
Aesthetics.
The OP is disappointed because the barrel channel in the stock doesn't fit the barrel profile.
You guys must know more than me, because to me, that doesn't affect the condition of the gun.
The seller didn't see it as an issue, and neither do I. The buyer does.
Sure, the right thing to do is to refund, but when everything is said and done, the cost to both the buyer and seller is greater than the $200 cost to fix it.
Don't know if the buyer had been reasonable in his first messages, and for God's sake, please DO NOT publish them, but the fairest resolution would have been to split the baby.
So you wont mind if I sell you a stock that I said has a sporter channel even though its a been cut out for a Sendero with a hack saw because hey, It functions perfectly ?
I cannot say, because I do not own any McMillans, but it surely does not look like it was carved out with a hack saw. It's pretty obvious it's not a factory Winchester stock.
@ButterBean, why are you attacking me because I don't think the stock / barreled action fit is a material defect? What is the real issue for you here?
Why don't we agree to disagree?

Poster stated "Buyer was a long time member". Maybe its just me but 50 posts in 12 years doesn't exactly make the seller a regular member (IMO), one that I'd feel comfortable buying a firearm from. Without doing the researc, it sounds like someone who only joins us to sell stuff, but who knows.

I bought one custom rifle here from a REGULAR member/poster. The rifle was everything promised. A follow-up conversation got me a few hundred pieces of PRC brass from the seller because I couldn't find any for the rifle. Now that's why I'd rather buy or sell here rather than anywhere else.

It definitely pays to review a sellers history at LRH if you're buying an expensive item.

BTW - it's my opinion that the ad was deceptive in that it displayed may pictures of the rifle while omitting any picture that revealed the obvious point of contention. The seller knows that once he has your money and you have his rifle that the deal is nearly irreversible.

The seller should make the deal right, one way or the other.

BTW - it's my opinion that the ad was deceptive in that it displayed may pictures of the rifle while omitting any picture that revealed the obvious point of contention. The seller knows that once he has your money and you have his rifle that the deal is nearly irreversible.

The seller should make the deal right, one way or the other.
Exactly

Aesthetics.
The OP is disappointed because the barrel channel in the stock doesn't fit the barrel profile.
You guys must know more than me, because to me, that doesn't affect the condition of the gun.
Sure, the right thing to do is to refund, but when everything is said and done, the cost to both the buyer and seller is greater than the $200 cost to fix it.
Don't know if the buyer had been reasonable in his first messages, and for God's sake, please DO NOT publish them, but the fairest resolution would have been to split the baby.

I cannot say, because I do not own any McMillans, but it surely does not look like it was carved out with a hack saw. It's pretty obvious it's not a factory Winchester stock.
@ButterBean, why are you attacking me because I don't think the stock / barreled action fit is a material defect? What is the real issue for you here?
First off I'm not attacking you, 2nd If I haven't made it perfectly clear already this is my discrepancy with you

If gun functions and performs flawlessly, seems to me the seller was A-OK in his description.
Aesthetics are subjective. I know people who think the AMC Pacer and Pontiac Aztek are good looking cars. The barrel channel is obviously made for a sporter with longer shank, not an ultralight profile. May not look right to you, but I have rifles that look like that.
Function first, form second. Edit to add -- it's not the seller's responsibility to disclose stuff that pertains to aesthetics. Scratches in a stock are material defects -- a barrel channel mismatch is not.

Is this the way you conduct business????? Hence my Question which you have not answered

Back to you

Aesthetics.

Having the wrong size barrel channel is one thing, and something that I could get over if it's just a little bit too big. But this one looks like its butchered on the left side of the channel. That's just some sloppy work by whoever installed the stock, obviously not done by a professional. If the Seller was aware of it, he should have pointed it out in the ad. If the Seller was oblivious to it and was not aware of it, it would be reasonable for him to offer to split the repair cost or something since the buyer had already transferred.