Buyers beware

RiverSink

I recently bought a used rifle and felt really good about it. Buyer was a long time member and everything seemed on the up and up. I received said rifle and upon first picking it up I was sick to my stomach. I feel like when an item is labeled ex condition than that's exactly what you should receive. I feel as I payed a premium for the gun and expected it to be pretty much perfect. The buyer feels as though there's nothing wrong with it and will not refund me or pay for repairs. PLEASE make sure you get plenty of pictures. I did not ask for any extra as what was posted in the ad looked sufficient and had no reason to thank I needed any extra. How would you feel about this condition in the pics. I've talked to a few people that I respect on here and shown the pics and they feel the same way as I do. I hate being mislead and that's what it seems to me has happened.
20210729_170757.jpg
20210729_170821.jpg

Gap is a little excessive of course does not harm the functionality of the rifle but does appear to be a problem. That should've been easily displayed in a picture before the deal was made if I paid top dollar I would not be happy either it is repaired fairly easily by someone with experience but right back to the OP's statement the seller is not willing to pay for repairs or refund any money there is the problem ,until the deal is finally accepted by both parties I do not feel the deal is done

I agree, he claims that it's only a cosmetic issue and is not gonna do anything. It's a McMillan stock and they quoted me $200.00 to fix it and look new. I'll just have to drop that much more into it.

As hard as that is to swallow that is definitely the best remedy and I believe the fastest cheapest way that I would be happy with the results

Kinda looks like that barrel channel was opened up by someone with a socket and some sandpaper. That should have been included in the pics. I'm not going to say that someone intentionally mislead you by not showing that in the pics, because maybe they didn't think about it, but in all deals on guns, the buyer should have a right to unwind the deal immediately if they aren't happy with the gun when it shows up. I've sold a dozen rifles through this site, and I'd have given the money back to any one of them within a few days of receiving the rifles, if there was a problem. That to me is a given. We trust each other. I've mailed and had mailed thousands of dollars in rifles and optics with multiple members on this site, and in many cases knew nothing more than a name and phone number. No guarantees at all other than a man's word. I'd like to know who this person is that won't let you unwind a deal on a rifle that you are unhappy with?

Looks like he knew about it by the way he took the pictures,, That's a shame to see that on this Site

Thank you for the heads up. I don't know how people who purposely mislead on a sale can live with themselves......

First bad deal I've ever had here and the first negative feedback and hopefully the last I've ever given. Just feel like that's my duty to let others know what to expect from him.

Recent Posts