Buy Or Build?

338RUML

I am wanting to get a 26 Nosler just not sure if I should try to find one over the counter or build one, I have no idea how available they are or there price. If I built one I was thinking about just buying a 300 rum off the shelf new for 599.99 then using that action, then buying a match barrel and having my smith chamber and install it. Is this the best way to do this? What would you guys recommend? Ps I am interested in the 6.5-300 weatherby just not so into the 1800 dollar rifle then optics and 90 dollars a box for ammo. Any input would be great thanks

I would pick the 26 Nosler over the 6.5-300 Wby, as well.

Going semi-custom with a blueprinted action and an aftermarket barrel with the stock you prefer, is always better than buying an expensive off-the-shelf rifle that was designed to someone else's or to a factory manufacturer's specs.

I would pick the 26 Nosler over the 6.5-300 Wby, as well.

Going semi-custom with a blueprinted action and an aftermarket barrel with the stock you prefer, is always better than buying an expensive off-the-shelf rifle that was designed to someone else's or to a factory manufacturer's specs.

+1

Get the action and the stock you want and the only cost would be the barrel and the smithing.

You also get the best fit for the ammo this way.

J E CUSTOM

So if I bought a rifle over the counter would I still want to have the action blueprinted?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts