Butler creek flipup question

G

If I have a butler creek flip up cover on my objective..And the rubber is hitting the barrl...Am I causing any issues. I know the objective should not touch so am pretty sure the cover should not as well. I might have to try the new Leupold flip ups

Joe

Just take the cover off and grind a flat spot on the bottome of it where it contacts the bbl. I have done this on several guns. It is hardly noticable.

I would like to know if anyone is happy with the Leupold ones. I have yet to see them and the look like they might be noisy, and they are expensive, but they could prove worth the expense.

I have the lepold flip ups on my lepould tactical 6.5 x20 they are very nice seen to fit very well all mounted on a tika ss varmint 308 win bassically a fun gun to shoot at the gongs .

I think I'll give the Leupolds a try...Got my B-day soon so I will ask for it as a gift /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joe

The Leupold Alumina Flip-Up covers will only fit the 2004 and newer model scopes. You can send in an older Leupold scope to the Leupold Custom Shop and have them retrofit the threads on your scope.

Can you use the new soft rubber eyepiece cover on top of the Leupold Alumina flip ups? That would be nice if you could..

The short answer is no you cant, the rubber would be flipped up.
Suggest a front flip up and a rubber eye cup from somewhere else namely Bisley as a brand in the UK. This eye cup will give the correct eye relief and also cut most of the light out from behind you, i cant shoot without one.

Re: Butler creek flipup question - leupold scre fitting

I just had the TMR reticule fitted to my Leupold VXIII and it cam back with the screw fittings as well. I think that is standard (I cannot see that I have been charged extra). If sos people considering it might find it worthwiled to change their reticule at the same time

The TMR has been out with me one and I like it!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.