Bushnell Yardage Pro

PrimeTime

I went out with 2 friends and we all had our own yardage pro 1000. We set out to mark a 1,000 yard range for target shooting. Once again, the unit failed us. It was not a particularly sunny day or overly hazy but not one of our 3 units would even come close to ranging out past 650 yards. Under ideal conditions, one time, mine actually ranged a barn over a thousand yards. Today, I pointed at a huge oak tree with about a 4 foot trunk that was about 800 yards away. No reading at all, same for my buddies. These units seem to be accurate when working but to get past 600 yards, the conditions have to be perfect. We are all disapointed in ours.

P.T.
I believe that the number designation of most laser units is selected for its advertising merit and frequently has nothing to do with actual performance in the field (unless you require the distance to a bright red barn in overcast light).

I have resigned myself to being saticefied with 60% of the advertised yardage, sometimes I get more if conditions allow.

In reality that is still a heck of a lot better than the guessing I used to do and I would not hunt without one.

As a fallback I have learned to use Mil-dots, they are a useful hunting tool.

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.