Bushnell scopes

I bought two of their Engage scopes, thinking they were along the lines of their Elite models. I didn't realize until they arrived that they were Chinese-made. I haven't decided whether to keep or get rid of them. The one that has been used seems okay; it's the 3-12X. I just got back from Wyoming with it. I'm glad I didn't pay full price on them, so even for Chinese made scopes, they were at least cheap. The reticle is a little busy, but the ease of resetting the turrets is nice.

Haven't owned a Bushnell product for over 20 years. My son and a few friends have had fits with their customer service which tells me Bushnell hasn't stepped up to the level of most other optic manufacturers.

Perhaps a few unsolved issues isn't a good basis to judge a company, however I've never heard so many complaints of any other.

I have an old 3-9X40 that has an illuminated reticle (red dot) Bushnell banner that came with a Savage 30-06 rifle I bought as a package 35 years ago. If Bushnell made their scopes now the way they did back than I would have continued to buy Bushnell products. But I must say this one is still clear and bright even after more than 3 decades of usage. I now have it mounted on a 22lr rifle.

I have three of the four and a half to 30 by 50. I tried four 2 and 1/2 to 16, but none of the glass was as good as the four and 1/2 to 30, so they are gone. I still have an old 4200 4 - 16 that I really like.

I have the Bushnell AR Series scopes on two ARs and the a ruger 10/22 target. I've been extremely pleased with them. I got them all for $150 a piece or a little less. BDC reticle works great out to 300 yards and 200 yards for the 22LR. Returns to zero just fine. No complaints. I had a forth that I sold to a member on here for $100. No compliants from him either.

Bushy elites are great scopes. Anything the comes out of LOW in Japan is good stuff.
The Chinese stuff, I don't trust.

Their Elite Tactical 3.5-21x50mm series has spot on tracking and great reticles to choose from but the glass was sub Sightron S3, not what you would expect for a $2,000 scope. They were popular for a while Because Bushnell sponsored a PRS type series but eventually people learned there were better options.
It seemed like they were steeping up their game with the 1Mile Conx that paired up with the Kestral but I don't think they ever got it working.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.