Bushnell Onix 400

mtelkhntr78

Anybody else have one of these GPS units? I got one this summer but had to send it back for repairs.
I was just wondering if anybody else has had experience with???

not me personally, but my cousin has one and loves it. only down side is that he has been trying to find a place to download free satellite maps like ones from Google Earth and such cause he's tight and doesn't want to have to buy each one separately.
Once you have them it is kinda hard to get everything loaded without intensely reading the manual.
he is not very technology-savy, but I am, and I find it irritating when a product isn't user friendly enough to figure out without digging through the manual.
What was wrong with yours?

It's back on Woot again for $99.

Woot : One Day, One Deal (SM)

That's only good for today until 11pm MST.

Note: I have no ties to WOOT. I make no money from WOOT. Just passing it on in case any wants one of these at that price.

We bought one at the office and it's "Ok" but I don't like that you have to buy individual maps and load them on. That seems really tedious. The price for the maps isn't really bad but it's just time consuming.

Yeah Bushnell has things tied up that you can only by maps from them using thier website and software. The software/website aspect of the Onix not the best when it comes to being user friendly. If you have time anyone can figure it out... it just takes forever. Probably rate it 6 out of 10.
I did have t send mine back for replacement and the customer service was great i would give them a 9.5 out of 10. very happy how that all worked out.

One thing I do like is the feature of being able to load pictures onto it. A topo is nice but its nice to be able to identify clearings/clearcuts/ etc. For instance last fall elk hunting I found a bull bugling in a park on the side of a hill. The wind was wrong for me to go straight at him. So I had to go all the way around the mountain to get in position. I wanted to come out right at the top of the park to be in optimum position, but I had to walk thru about 1/2 mile of deadfall to get there. Using that GPS with the maps put me out exactly where I needed to be. That was handy to be able to have that kind of info.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.