Bushnell lrtsi and lrhsi

Savageman25

Bushnell is continuing to up its game in big ways. They took big steps with the elite tactical line of scopes a few years back. They recently introduced the warranty that matches its biggest competitors and now they come out with two different models of scopes that people have been suggesting they would like to see.
Many of you know about the lrhsi but few have heard about the lrtsi. Bushnell has basically removed two of the biggest complaints of the lrhs with these new introduced models.
For those of you who don't know the lrhsi is simply the lrhs with illumination. Many people have wanted this since the crosshairs are very faint on low power settings. They took it a step further with the lrtsi model and removed the donut in the reticle, which some people seem to not like (I personally like the donut of death, as it called).
As you will see by the attached add they also have a non illuminated version called the lrts. I just thought I would share this since I haven't seen much chatter about them.

http://media.vistaoutdoor.com/presskit/NPS/bushnell/LRTS/Bushnell_EliteTactical_LRTS_SellSheet.pdf

Had a chance to check their warranty today. I had a Bushnell Elite 6500 4 1/2-30X50 on a seven pound two ounce rifle firing a cartridge about like a .264 Win Mag. The last couple times at the range the groups were more like patterns. I installed a Nikon Monarch 3 5-20X44. The first three shot group was 5/8" and the second was 11/16".

I called Bushnell. The customer service guy asked if I had the receipt. I do. He said, "If you email a copy I will get a new scope in the mail for you," so I did. Tomorrow I will check to see if I get a confirmation mail. He continued, "If you don't have the receipt, you will have to send the scope in. We will either repair it or replace it."

This looks great. I'm a big fan of my lrhs, primary dislike is how thick the reticle is and the annoying donut. I'd much prefer a standard G2 reticle so hopefully this G3 is the same thickness.

Looks like this has zero stop as well. I could take or leave the illum. If it adds much weight I'd leave it.

Last edited:
I am unaware if they changed the parallax. I know some have complained about it starting at 50 yds and would like to see at least a 25 yd. that is just about the only other complaint I have heard.

Just spoke to bushnell as I am very interested in the LRSTi for a 6.5 saum build that I will have next summer. They are getting some in December and should be shipping in earnest in March. So it looks like next spring for the new LRST/LRSTi line

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.