Bushnell LRHSi replacement?

86alaskan

So, we know that the LRHSi has been discontinued. Is there a replacement on the horizon? what are they planning. Looking at picking up one in 4.5-18.

Best I've been able to ascertain is that it's the "Forge" model they introduced at the NRA Show. They've got info regarding it up on their web site now.

Looks like a souped-up "Engage" with better glass. I'm underwhelmed but will reserve judgement until some testers wring it out.

I have been told they are making the same scope but the wind turret will be exposed like a normal tactical scope and not capped. LRTS and LRTSI

yep, just lookied it up, saw the Forge series seems to target the entry level PRS market. FFP, MIL/MIL and 4.5-27 power range. lighter than a razor, but far cheaper at an MSRP of $1k. also have a 3-18 and 2.5-15 listed, but they're on the hefty side for a light hunting rifle. can't wait to get hands on one to see for sure.

http://www.bushnell.com/getmedia/f93502ee-2639-432e-b4c4-cfc49eb4298e/2018-Prime-Nitro-Forge-Catalog

Nice catalog with most specs of interest listed. It seems that although the Forge line has some nice features, it really isn't a replacement for the LRHSi. The LRHSi seemed to be "purpose built" while the Forge is an affordable cross-over range/tactical/competition option that can be used for hunting.

Can't say how many times I looked for a sale on the LRHSi. Maybe that's why they scrapped them. Couldn't sell them at the price they needed.

Nice catalog with most specs of interest listed. It seems that although the Forge line has some nice features, it really isn't a replacement for the LRHSi. The LRHSi seemed to be "purpose built" while the Forge is an affordable cross-over range/tactical/competition option that can be used for hunting.

Can't say how many times I looked for a sale on the LRHSi. Maybe that's why they scrapped them. Couldn't sell them at the price they needed.

GAP is expecting the final shipment of 4.5-18 LRHSis in July. They are going to be letting those go for $800 again. They are taking deposits now.

http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-store/optics/bushnell-lrhs-4-5-18x44-g2h-illum-1.html

John

Though not designated as the replacement for the LRHSi, the LRTSi is a viable substitute. Love mine...

John

I checked out the LRTSi. Seems pretty much like the same scope without the doughnut in the reticle and the cap on the windage. Thanks for the heads up on the GAP closeout. Just ordered one.

At 1500,not sure I would try something else....

They have discontinued the LRHS. The LRTS is pretty much the same thing and I will have one here NIB if you are interested. It will be priced very reasonably. I've also recently gotten a Nightforce SHV F1. So far, it is looking like a great alternative.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.