Bushnell LRHS-2 Glass quality first impressions

30 Hart

Not much out there but since I owned 2 previous gen 1 versions I gave it a chance since they upgraded the glass. Now that it showed up I must say I'm really impressed with the glass quality. In bright daylight, the color, clarity and definition were noticeably better than my NX8 with both on 18x. I could instantly see minor details with the Bushnell that I couldn't see with the NX8 or had to really strain to see. With the Bushnell the minor color differences popped or were more vibrant. No egde distortion either. I'll see how to does later tonight at dusk.

Not much out there but since I owned 2 previous gen 1 versions I gave it a chance since they upgraded the glass. Now that it showed up I must say I'm really impressed with the glass quality. In bright daylight, the color, clarity and definition were noticeably better than my NX8 with both on 18x. I could instantly see minor details with the Bushnell that I couldn't see with the NX8 or had to really strain to see. With the Bushnell the minor color differences popped or were more vibrant. No egde distortion either. I'll see how to does later tonight at dusk.
Nice
Let us know what you think of the eye box and parallax compared to your nx8.
I had an nx8 and it was the finickiest scope I've owned

The eye box on the bushnell is better on 18x and significantly better from 15 to 4.5x. The parallax is a night and day difference easy to adjust and stays adjusted through the powers. Tested them both at dusk and the bushnell had better definition and brightness when compared from 18 to 4.5 power. I'm impressed enough with the glass and reticle I just bought #2 and #3...that should say enough.

Me too. I have a gen one and love it.
I had a couple gen 1s but the glass in the gen2 blows gen 1 away. It was what it needed to compete with all the HD, ED, UHD glass coatings floating around now at all price points. It is an absolute steal at its current price.

I have 2 LRHS2 and an LRTS and a couple NX8's in 2.5-20 and 4-32. I'm very impressed with the LRHS2's. Parallax is easy to get adjusted. Picture is very clear and sharp. I'd say for me it's slightly better than the NX8's. Oddly enough I'd say the LRTS is slightly better than the NX8's also glass wise. But not quite as good as the LRHS2's. Eye box I have zero issues with as I always run adjustable cheeks. I will say to always play with the ocular lense on the NX8's for a good while it'll help with reticle sharpness and being sharp when the parallax is adjusted for any given distance. Once you get the perfect spot it'll make a big difference. As for tracking. All three are dead on perfect and repeatable and reliable.

I like my lrhs2. Glass is fine. Interested to see how well it retains zero after a full hunting season worth of falls

Is the glass in the LRHS2 the same as the DMR3? I had one of the DMR3s and the glass was great, just too heavy for my liking.

I have an LRHSi now and seems similar to an NXS.