bushnell Fusion 1600

Hey, I'm in the same boat as you. I got the Zeiss 8x26 PRF Monoculars and I love it. I hate to combine it with another pair of binos and carry both in the field. Always wanted Victory RF binos or Leica Geovid binos. Too much money.
Just saw one positive review today on Bushnell 1600 ARC Fusion. Got 5 stars from one hunter. I'm definitely considering selling my optics and getting this one bushnell.

They are available, I recieved mine last week. I have had it out only twice so far and have been amazed. I have ranged pine trees at over a mile in sunlight, and in low light out to almost 1900 yards. The optics are clear and bright and offer no distortion or color shift. I do not have another pair of top end binoculars to compair them to side by side, but having just exited active duty in the Marine Corps, I have used quality optics and these compare well. I picked them up for just under 750.00$ and they are worth every penny.

Can you tell me what is the frame made from on these binoculars ? Aluminum ??? It looks like plastic on the picture.

The frame is metal, but is covered for the most part in rubber. They are fairly heavy, almost two pounds and seem to be constructed very well. I feel the overall quality is great and that they will hold up well.

I just saw this in the Cabelas archery catalog! Man, I really want a bino type but with that Lieca 1600 coming out also this is going to be the year I drop coin on a long range range finder. Weight may end up being the factor though, 2lbs won't cut it for bow season!

I have ranged pine trees at over a mile in sunlight, and in low light out to almost 1900 yards..

What is the "beam" dimensions of that thing.

Does "ranged pine trees at over a mile" mean individual pine trees or groups of pine trees. There is a big difference. This is especially true if one is attempting range through some tall lodge pole pines even if they are not very dense.

If the beam is excessively large and there are multiple objects in view you've got to be certain exactly what is being ranged. A error of of much over 15 yards or so makes for really mysterious misses at LRH distances.

No mention of beam dimension in specs. However a bulls eye mode is indicated which must mean something.

Also 500 yards on a deer doesn't seem too impressive.

A detail field test, in the mountains, may well be in order.

Last edited:
I wonder how does it compare to Leica or Zeiss. Bushnell looks like it was modeled after Leica, but I wonder how tight is the laser patern.

What is the "beam" dimensions of that thing.

Does "ranged pine trees at over a mile" mean individual pine trees or groups of pine trees. There is a big difference. This is especially true if one is attempting range through some tall lodge pole pines even if they are not very dense.

If the beam is excessively large and there are multiple objects in view you've got to be certain exactly what is being ranged. A error of of much over 15 yards or so makes for really mysterious misses at LRH distances.

No mention of beam dimension in specs. However a bulls eye mode is indicated which must mean something.

Also 500 yards on a deer doesn't seem too impressive.

A detail field test, in the mountains, may well be in order.

I don't know the beam specs but I can tell you about my experiences with the binoculars. I have tested them twice, both times in the mountains and have ranged single lodgepole pines as described earlier. The key for me to getting a repeatable reading on a single tree at long range is to use a position or rest that offers maximum stability. So far I can range groups of trees off hand at over a mile, and single trees with a rest to the same range. The unit has bullseye and brush modes, which helps a lot when trying to range through foliage, or range a small object without ranging behind it. I have not been able to try it on deer, but it has far exceeded the specifications for trees.

Anybody seen or handled these? Bushnell 10x42 Fusion 1600 ARC Laser Rangefinder Binocular FREE S&H 201042. Bushnell Fusion 1600 Binoculars, Bushnell Fusion 1600 Range Finders, Bushnell Binoculars, Bushnell Range Finders.

Kind of wondering if they are worth the money or if I'm better off getting the Zeiss Victory PRF range finder?:cool:

Hey, I was just in your shoes. I had Zeiss Victory PRF mono rangefinder for 6 month. Great rangefinder. But I wanted a binoculars, cause looking thru with one eye gets my right eye tired quick. I had Leica Geovid lst year as well. Great products with insane price. Never had Zeiss PRF Binos and I've heard they are the best if you can afford it. Anyway. Last week I took a chance and got my Bushnell Fusion 1600 ARC. And, I think I finally got the product I'm happy with without feeling riped-off. What a great great product !!! Quality, clarity and all those functions !!! I could not tell the difference between Leica clarity and Bushnell. Both are bright and crisp, with bushnell for a fraction of Leica price. Also, Bushnell has 8 ballistic settings for different rifle cartridges with 4 zero settings within each of rifle settings !!! Then there are 2 ballisic settings for blackpowder guns and one for bow !!! All you do is select your ballistic chart based on your individual ballistics, then select zero within that chart at 100, 150, 200 or 300,, then point at the target, shoot your laser beam, and you get a drop compensation in inches or MOA and angle to the target (not TBD like Leupold). I realize that charts are approximation, but its a hell of a good one with 8 charts and 4 zeros. More than any other range finder on the market today. They dont tell you this in details in product description on Bushnell Web !!! So modest of them. Also, binoculars come with handy snap-off front covers that are attached to binoculars (but can be taken off) instead of getting lost like all others. Great touch. Strap is ergonomic and very comfortable. Weight is just under Zeiss and Leica and very comfortable to hold. I am not sure how tight the laser beam pattern is, but so far I had no problems ranging over 1000 yards on dark objects. There are 3 options for laser ranging. I've used bullsey option most of the time since its seems to be most acurate. You just have to hold them steady on the target for less than a second to avoid reading of the items behind your target. True, in rifle mode, it does not calculate the TBD equivalent horizontal distance like Leupold does, but it does give you an angle and then you can figure out the equivalent horizontal easily. This product just came out early this year and I think it will pick up in popularity soon. I took a chance with it but do not regret it for a second. I could not be happier with this product !!!

I just got my fusion's about an hour ago. Took them out in the street and I was able to range cars at 1200yds. That is the farthest I can see from where I'm at.

Once I get home I'll be able to really stretch them out.

I've got one of these on order and it should show up next week sometime. There has been a lot of good feedback on these so far, and I'm expecting it to replace my current combination of 15 yr old Swaro 7x42 SLC binoculars and a Bushnell Elite 1500 ARC laser rangefinder. Hopefully the modern glass/coatings in the Fusions will be at least comparable to my older SLCs glass, and the rangefinder should be pretty much the same. Weight for the Fusions is approximately the same as the SLCs, so there is no impact there for me one way or the other. It'll definitely be great to be able to look and range at the same time, and as a bonus, they have the RainGuard coating as well, which is a huge plus here in rainy Washington.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.