Bushnell Excursion Review.

ZSteinle

Recently purchased a Bushnell excursion spotting scope, 20-60x80mm. All that I can really say is WOW this scope is amazing for the price. I believe it is the lowest priced spotting scope that comes with "ED" glass. Which means absolutely nothing unless it is actually clear. Had it out the other day when I was shooting a white paper target at 600 yards and was able to spot .308 cal holes in the paper at that range which from what I have heard is absolutely unheard of for a spotting scope of this price range. The weather conditions on that day was gloomy overcast and was snowing. Got mine for $430 from a local dealer. Scope comes with a cheap tripod that i use for my rangefinder now, and nice hard/soft padded case and a neoprene cover for the scope itself. Took a couple of pictures with my camera through the spotting scope which doesn't even do the scope justice but will help give you an idea. In the pictures with the pine tree I was easily able to spot individual pine needles and I ranged the tree at 650 yards. The picture with the shack in it was 1450 yards and once again was much more clear when looking through the scope. It is hard to get the pictures through the scope to come out anywhere near as well as it looks through your own eye. If I get any better pictures through the scope I will be sure to post them here.

spottingscope017.jpg

spottingscope019.jpg

spottingscope011.jpg

spottingscope010.jpg

Spottingscope001.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!!

So much for this spotter being available in 90 days (as I was told at SHOT). I can't even get them!!

These promise to be the spotter of choice for many this year. There is even a compact mildot reticle model coming!

Thanks for the review.

Scott

Thats weird that you can't get them in. My local dealer just had one sitting on the counter. I have been so amazed by bushnell lately i figured i would give it a try.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.