Bushnell elite tactical ET6245F adjustment range?

First off Happy New Year to all!
I just purchased a Bushnell Elite Tactical ET6245F 6-24x50 FFP scope to mount on a new Savage 12LRP in .260 Rem. I haven't recieved the scope yet and now I am reading conflicting information about elevation adjustemnt at 100 yds. Some specs say 48" and some say 70" for the exact same model. I haven't purchased my rail yet, and I want to shoot out as far as my skill and the rifle will let me. If the scope adjustment is only 48 moa than will I need to go with a 20 moa rail if I want to shoot out to 700+ yds? Anybody's input with this scope and or rifle would be very much appreciated.

I don't have that scope in hand. I would trust the Bushnell web site page for that model (70 IPHY) over any other source.

That caliber has a drop of about 20 IPHY at 700. A spec of 48 IPHY would be a little tight. Do you know how well the bore is aligned to the rings? If not, you should be fine with either spec value using a 10 or 20 MOA rail.

Thanks for reply. Bushnell's website and downloads are inconsistent on the ET6245F.
I just down loaded a ballistics calculator ,(Shooter), and hope to take advantage of the 1-8" twist to shoot 140 grain bullets. Is there a rail maker you would suggest? I can get a Precision Reflex for around $65, but not familiar with their products. I've used talley single piece on my Kimber and Remington hunting rifles, otherwise my shooters are Sako and rails are not appropriate.

I typically use EGW, but PRI bases look fine to me. The top of the rail has enough flat surface area. I don't know about the screw quality. If you go with EGW, order the upgraded screws. Savage receivers are tubular, so there usually aren't any base fit issues.

I find that errors in mfr print material are not uncommon. Mfrs usually keep the website up to date with corrections.

I am sure you have already purchased a rail by now. For future viewers of this thread, I wiill throw in my 2 cents on mounts and the scope. I used a DNZ 20 moa one piece mount on my Elite 6-24x50. I have the same mount on my Nightforce NSX 5.5-22x56. Good solid mounts.

The glass and clicks on the Elite are not as good as the Nightforce, but the Elite cost less than half. The glass is clear and good at dark. The turret clicks are not as crisp as the NF, but they are not sloppy. I am interested in comparing it to one of the new lower priced Night Forces. All in all it is a pretty good scope.

Jim Hood

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.