bushnell elite tactical ers 6-24x50 ffp g2 reticle mil mil

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by vitaminado, Oct 6, 2018.

1. vitaminado

vitaminado Well-Known Member

Hello
    I would like you to tell me how is this scope for long distance hunting
    if the reticle covers the objective
    how are you looking at maximum powers, etc.
    The turrets come in miliradianes

thanks

2. vitaminado

help me, please

3. gohring3006

gohring3006 Well-Known Member

It’s excellent scope.
    Its a little dated as far as no zero stop and all the cool stuff, but it’s built like a tank, has great glass and tracks well. Mine takes a beating on a 338 Lapua and holds up just fine.

Target Tamers and just country like this.
  4. vitaminado

Thanks gohring3006.
    Currently I also have a sightron s3 6-24x50
    How does the glass compare between the two?

5. gohring3006

gohring3006 Well-Known Member

I haven’t looked thru a Sightron, but I believe those two scopes are made by LOW in Japan. They have a reputation for very good quality scopes. I would be confident with either of those choices.

6. vitaminado

thanks you gohring3006

gohring3006 likes this.
  7. Target Tamers

Target Tamers Official LRH Sponsor

The G2 reticle looks pretty good, and as far as obscuring your sight picture, it doesn't look like that will be a problem. Although it's in the FFP, it's a shame this model doesn't have an illuminated reticle - that could be really useful if you're hunting.

Here's a link to their reticle simulator so you can see exactly for yourself what it would like at different magnifications. It looks like Bushnell recently overhauled their website, and it's a little frustrating, because it's lacking a lot of specs which are helpful to me to get familiar with your scope.

But, with a mil-mil scope, you'll be able to make adjustments on the fly. According to the word on the street, tons of owners are pretty happy with it, and it looks like it'll hold up just fine as there aren't any issues with it not holding zero. With a 30 mm tube, looks like you'll get plenty of adjustment travel for long range too.