Bushnell Elite 6500

bruinte96

Can anyone give me some info on the Bushnell Elite 6500 in 4.5-30x50 with the mil-dot reticle? Thinking of getting one to start doing some long range shooting. Would this scope be a good starter scope? Any comments would help. Thanks

I have had many Bushnell elite scopes they're Elite 4200 line ( since discontinued) were "Bad to the Bone" I have a 6500 2.5x16x50mm and its just fine. My 6x24x40mm elite 4200 has a little bit better glass. I had that scope Bushnell elite 6500 4.4x30x50mm Mil Dot that your asking about and I was disappointed it was fuzzy above 24 power and thought the glass was inferior to the Elite 4200 series optics. What's your budget ? They have other tactical high power scopes that are getting good ratings. A Sightron S-3 6x24x50mm with MOA-2 reticule is a winner. I had a 8x32x56 mm S3 1/8 target dot. It was good ,but dot was way to small. I'm awaiting shipment of the new Zeiss HD5 line 5x25x50mm it will have the best glass I've ever had. I once had a 2.5x10x42mm IOR on my AR-15 it was very good glass but there was some tunnel effect that annoyed me. I recently bought a Minox 6x30x56 mm that scope was a true dog with out a tail to wag. I owned it for an hour and promptly sent it back. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the information. I had heard that about the 4.5-30 before. I think the 2.5-16 would be a great scope for a hunting rig. Thanks again for the information.

I have a 6500 doa on my .257 B and a vortex viper on my win 300. I have no problem per say with my bushnell but I do not like the thickness of the reticle compared with the crisp sharp reticle on my vortex. For long range it is dificult to hit a target when it is covered by thick line reticle. something to look at. Otherwwise I have no problems with my bushnell.

About the same in my opinion. |I think there is only about three lens makers out there. They just source out and use their own lens coating formulas.

Ive also owned the 6500 4.5-30x50. Above 24x it does get somewhat fuzzy. Its not to the point where you cant identify what your target is. We did a little shooting with it at 1000 yards but never had to go above 24x. Ive since gone to the vortex PST. Seems to have better clarity at higher power. The 6500 is still a well built scope and i dont think would disappoint fron 4.5-24.

I have the sightron III 8-32x56 with the mil dot and its a great scope and the money is right!!! Although I can't comment on the bushy 6500, I have a bushy spotter I am pleased with!! They make a quality product!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.