Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50

USAS PV1

Hello all. In the process of assembling my new long range rifle and looking for opinions on optics. I have Kinda set my mind to the Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50 why I decided on this, is the magnification range it would be good for close range shots and would also help with the long range shots.

Has anyone had experience with this scope? Also bushnell website states that it only has 50 Moa of adjustment my question is this scope coupled with a 20MOA ken Farrel Base how far will that let me take a 7mm rem mag (estimate).

Any and all opinions are appreciated Thank you for your time

gun)

US ARMY Forever and Always

I had a Bushnell 3200 10x40 on one of my rifles for some time. If your 6500 performs like my 3200 did, you will like it.

Couple your scope with a 20moa base and you will be able to shoot targets/varmints well past 1k.

I am just waiting to get the monet ready, but I have set my mind for a Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5x16x42 TACTICAL turrets, mil-dot reticle. Cant make you any comments about it yet, but have almost the same scope on mind for my rifle. Good luck with yours and keep us posted on how it worked.

Last edited:
Hello all. In the process of assembling my new long range rifle and looking for opinions on optics. I have Kinda set my mind to the Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50 why I decided on this, is the magnification range it would be good for close range shots and would also help with the long range shots.

Has anyone had experience with this scope? Also bushnell website states that it only has 50 Moa of adjustment my question is this scope coupled with a 20MOA ken Farrel Base how far will that let me take a 7mm rem mag (estimate).

Any and all opinions are appreciated Thank you for your time

gun)

US ARMY Forever and Always

I have one on my 300win with a 20moa base. I've taken it beyond 1200 yards. Good scope for the money. I use it as a spotter on higher magnification and most shooting is done at 10-15x.

I have been using 8-32 zoom scopes for many years, but for my long range 6mm Norma BR. Tactical - hunting rifle I am looking at getting this Leupold and having the turrets changed to the M1 turrets. It has adjustments of 94 moa. Would a Mil-dot reticle be better?

Leupold VX-III Riflescopes - Leupold 6.5-20x50 Varmint Hunters Reticle - VX-III Riflescope - 63500

What do you think???

joseph

joseph:
Literally, on Friday (two days ago) my VXII 4.5-14x40 arrived from the Leupold custom shop.

Leupold || VX-3 4.5-14x40mm

I had them install M1 turrets and a TMR reticle (tactical milling reticle). It is badass! If you like the mil-dots, the TMR is waaay better. Additionally, the crosshairs of the TMR don't actually cross each other. They are very close, but they don't touch. This means when you are shooting at a small and distant target the crosshairs will not ever coverup the target.

If you're going to really be twirling the dials a lot, consider going with a MK4. The glass in the VXIII and MK4 is the same, but the MK4 has more durable erectors. I have MK4 on my tactical rifle.....

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/my-308-1k-rifle-evolution-continues-43510/

You will see the new MK4 at the end of the thread.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts