BUSHNELL, a solid brand

Litehiker

I've owned 5 Bushnell optics, 3 scopes and 2 rangefinders. only the "Yardage Pro 1000" let me down, but that was after falling off a truck roof to pavement!

So the point of this post is to say that I think Bushnell scopes can stand with (almost) any brand price for price.
Examples:
-> My hunting scope, an Elite LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 mil/mil with a G3 illuminated reticle has a lot of features for the $986. street price that I paid. Sure, no locking turrets but the scope is tough as nails with very good glass.
-> My friend's Elite XRS II 3.5 - 30 50 competition scope with an H59 reticle is as good as scopes costing hundreds more. ED glass and excellent turrets.

I said "almost" in price to price comparison for quality. One scope I have owned likely beats Bushnell's quality-for-the-money and that's SWFA.
And yes, certainly Nightforce makes about the most durable scopes as well as being of excellent quality - but you do pay for this excellence, much like Schmidt & Bendover.

Eric B.

Last edited:
I have an 'Elite' or two. I consider them fairly good for average use. Most brands have various quality levels, pay more, get more.

The average hunter can get by fine with less than a $950 scope.

You are quite right. Up until 18 months ago, I ran Tasco on all of my rifles and the cheap $100 6-24X worked great for anything I faced except a 300 RUM Sendero. So much for "shock proof". I've since switched to Vortex on a few and have started to slowly replace the other ones as money allows. I've went skiing on my butt down hills, had the sling break on my rifle letting it hit the ground, and banged off mountain laurel 100's of times.

Have had a bunch over the years. None ever failed and all were good values at their respective price points.

Think they still have some B&L DNA in them !

IMG_3106.jpg

7X61 S&L.jpg

I decided to give bushnell scopes a try after hunting last fall and I picked my Dad's 55 year old Bushnell binoculars and noticed the binoculars had more clarity at long distance then my German made binoculars and Burris scope on my rifle. Bought a 4-16 deploy FFP MOA 30mm, Nitro on line from midway and with rebate only had $200 in scope. I prefer the deploy setup and if the scope doesn't work out I haven't spend a small fortune. The new Nitro has more clarity then my Vortexs and Burruis scopes I have and are on par clarity wise with my Leopolds. The bushell is going on a custom 300 win mag that my gunsmith should have completed in 2 weeks. Can't wait to see if the scope is rugged enough and tracks well.

I decided to give bushnell scopes a try after hunting last fall and I picked my Dad's 55 year old Bushnell binoculars and noticed the binoculars had more clarity at long distance then my German made binoculars and Burris scope on my rifle. Bought a 4-16 deploy FFP MOA 30mm, Nitro on line from midway and with rebate only had $200 in scope. I prefer the deploy setup and if the scope doesn't work out I haven't spend a small fortune. The new Nitro has more clarity then my Vortexs and Burruis scopes I have and are on par clarity wise with my Leopolds. The bushell is going on a custom 300 win mag that my gunsmith should have completed in 2 weeks. Can't wait to see if the scope is rugged enough and tracks well.
Richard, I'm in the boat you are, I got the FFP in mils a 4-16 and a 6-24 and I almost feel guilty for what I paid for them, My dog knocked 6-24 off of the porch and it fell 5 feet and landed hard enough that it knocked the paint off of the bell and made me sick to my stomach , I went rite back to the bench and it was still dead on

Another elite user, have used and owned 4 so far and all track perfect and have decent optics (compare to leupold vx3). Two early conquests that have also passed the test, but had another that needed new erector set-up at a point. They repaired no further problem.

We have been working very closely with Bushnell this past year.
We brought in excellent opportunities from them on their Nitro's, LRTS 4.5-18x44's & DMR II 3.5-21x50's. They've been great to work with in all respects, including their service dept. We have built a wonderful relationship with their head of service and I have been very pleased with how quick and responsive they are to each and every request. Be confident in Bushnell as a brand. No worries

Another elite user, have used and owned 4 so far and all track perfect and have decent optics (compare to leupold vx3). Two early conquests that have also passed the test, but had another that needed new erector set-up at a point. They repaired no further problem.
Its amazing to me how the optics market competition has narrowed up, back when I was single I had some really nice Big name stuff and in all honesty I can't justify spending that kind of money when IMO the Bushy's are Really Good , I have come to the conclusion that I was just paying for a name for the last decade or so, SWFA was what opened my eyes to the "Sub Par" world, I have had Bushnell's on and off through the years with no complaints at all but they have really upped their game

We have been working very closely with Bushnell this past year.
We brought in excellent opportunities from them on their Nitro's, LRTS 4.5-18x44's & DMR II 3.5-21x50's. They've been great to work with in all respects, including their service dept. We have built a wonderful relationship with their head of service and I have been very pleased with how quick and responsive they are to each and every request. Be confident in Bushnell as a brand. No worries
The Mil Deploy Reticle is outstanding and I had to call service as I broke an o-ring on the turret keepers, they sent a complete set of keepers, not just the o-rings, received in 2 days at no charge to me even though I offered to pay

good to hear, i'm thinking of going with an LRTS or a DMRII for my most recent bolt gun build. just depends on the deal i find.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.