bushnell 6500 or zeiss conquest

Greywolf18

I am building a 6.5-280AI rifle and trying to decide which optics to put on the rifle. I have other zeiss conquests and absolutely love them, and I also have a bushnell 3200 and 4200 tactical. The glass is far better on the zeiss, but I don't know if the 6500 is better than the other ones. I was looking and the busnell 2.5-16 or the zeiss conquest 3.5-10x44, 4.5-14x44, and the 4.5-14x50 with the turrets. Since most of the shots will be within 100-200 yards, but maybe out to 500 I'm not sure if I want the turrets or not. Which would you guys pick out of these scopes? I can't really afford more expensive models like a NF or USO and so these are on the top end of my budget. I think once I finish this project I'll start saving for and EDGE with a NF, but for now this will have to do! Thanks for the help guysgun)

Of the two you've listed I'd go with the Conquest, nothing against the 6500, just think the Zeiss has better glass.

If you're interested in other options take a look at the Clearidge Ultra XP5 at the Optics Zone. Glass isn't quite as good as the Zeiss but it'll run with the Bushnell for less $$$.

Chris

My longest range will prolly be 500 yds, do you think getting the turrets on the scope is worth it? Most shots will be 100-200 yds

I generally find that out to 250 yds I don't use the turrets, 300yds and beyond I always dial up.

My personal preference is to get turrets, can't use them even ocassionally if you don't have them. But thats me.

Chris

Greywolf18,
That depends on how much do you want to take that occasional 500 yard shot. If most of your shots will be between 100 and 200 yards, maybe the turrets are not worthy, but if you really desire to take that 500 yard shot, then it is more than likely a must have type of thing. Good luck anyways, and happy new year.

I would opt for the Zeiss. I ordered another one yesterday making that my third conquest. Outstanding glass IMHO.
Just my $.02

I really like my Conquests; I have two - a 3.5-10 with the Rapid Z reticle and a 6.5-20 with the mil dot Reticle. I really like the Rapid Z for hunting out to 500 yds. In shorter range hunting situations, the Rapid Z is much faster.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.