Bushnell 4200 scopes?

overdriv

I am curious if anyone is using the Bushnell 4200 line of scopes? I have just got a 6-24X40 4200 to put on an AR15 A3 with a 20" barrel. I hope they are good scopes.

optic quality is good , mecanical quality is good only BIG problem with Bushnell is very limited range of elevation available but ona 18 inch barrel that not for 1K shooting so that can works fine

good shooting

DAN TEC

I see, did not know what the amount of vertical adjustment was/is. I plan on hunting with this gun and will probably try to find a point blank out to 300yds. It has the mil-dot recticle in it and was wondering if there is a decent dissertation somewhere on the internet about it's use.
Thanks,
Phil

I have the 2.5-10 x 40 on my 257 Weatherby and like it except that it doesn't have target turrets. Mine has 50 MOA elevation and got me out to 920 yards with 21 minutes of come-up. Yours only has about 25 MOA of elevation adjustment so you may need tapered bases.

For the optical quality I have no complaints at all.

Good luck with it.
Rick

phil, there's no shortage of info re: mildot reticle use, just search via Google. Leupold's website (suggest you try their 'tactical' pages) has quite a bit.

You *can* use the mildots for holdover, once you understand the spacing.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.