Bushnell 3200 vs. 4200

Vortex Viper series, with the BDC reticle, best value out there, IMHO.

Scott

How do those hold up to recoil, and what scopes would you compare them to?
( say a 458 win mag in a 9 pound un-braked rifle ??? )

Thanks.

edge.

Thanks.

edge.

I don't know about the Vortex Viper, but the Bushnell 3200 and 4200 series is advertised as being tested to withstand 10,000 rounds of .375 H&H Magnum. I haven't seen any other manufacturer advertising anything like that. Not even Nightforce. Bill T.

Thanks.

edge.

I've been selling them for two years and have yet to take a return, so I guess they have been holding up pretty well. In fact, I don't recall a single Viper failure anywhere on the Web.

Optically, they are bright and clear 95% light transmission glass like the Nikon Ultra Clear Coat, but with a tad better resolution, IMO. Myself and two customers have concluded they have better resolution and low light performance than the Nightforce NXS we compared them to (not as outlandish claim as it appears). They are mechanically as tough as the Bushy 4200. The knobs predated the current Elite 6500 setup, fingertip adjustable/zero resettable.

Just a well made, well finished, high performance scope for not a lot of money, backed by a superior no BS company, the best I have EVER done business with.

Wait until their TAC stuff comes out next year....hoo hoo

Scott

I believe the round count is a lot lower on the 3200, but yes, the 4200 is a clever and rugged mechanically engineered device. A safe choice, for sure.

I've been selling them for two years and have yet to take a return, so I guess they have been holding up pretty well. In fact, I don't recall a single Viper failure anywhere on the Web.

Optically, they are bright and clear 95% light transmission glass like the Nikon Ultra Clear Coat, but with a tad better resolution, IMO. Myself and two customers have concluded they have better resolution and low light performance than the Nightforce NXS we compared them to (not as outlandish claim as it appears). They are mechanically as tough as the Bushy 4200. The knobs predated the current Elite 6500 setup, fingertip adjustable/zero resettable.

Just a well made, well finished, high performance scope for not a lot of money, backed by a superior no BS company, the best I have EVER done business with.

Wait until their TAC stuff comes out next year....hoo hoo

Scott

I took a look at the Vortex Viper, looks like a lot of scope for the $$$...is the reticle thinner than that on the Bushnell 3200? Wish I could look through one before I give it a try.

I took a look at the Vortex Viper, looks like a lot of scope for the $$$...is the reticle thinner than that on the Bushnell 3200? Wish I could look through one before I give it a try.

Yes, the reticle is what you expect from a scope, not the thick monsters of the Elite series.

If you can't find a dealer near you to see them, let me know, we'll help you.

Scott

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.