Bush Elite 4200 6-24x50 or Falcon Optics Menace 4.5-18x56

stonesmokey

These are two bigginer scopes that I am considering mounting on a 7mm WSM.

Any advice on their performance?

I have researched the Falcon with little info found. The guys on the snipercentral were helpful but it was the only in depth review I have found.

The elite 3200 in fixed 10 power was also popular here.
How does this new model of the elite 4200 stand. It has a 30mm tube and tactical turrets with a mil dot retical?

Bush=$500 , Falcon=$400

HERE IS LINK TO THE BUSHNELL: Bushnell Outdoor Products

Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm also a member of sniper central, and I can tell you those guys love their Falcons. Mel (the owner) gives excellent reviews that are spot on. Since I have a scope with a 56mm objective lense, I'd have to recomend against it. It's just my personal preferance, I don't care to have the scope mounted so high just to clear the objective (I still like the scope overall). There is, however, a Falcon 4-14x44 that should be available from SC sometime this month (I may be purchasing one). It will be the same price as the 4.5-18x56. If these were priced the same as the Bushnell or money was no object, I'd take the Bushnell. The 4200 series has better glass quality over the 3200 series. 30mm tube is necessary (as far as I'm concerned) on scopes with over 10x.

Ty for the input.

I am hunting mainly whitetail in Texas but plan to do some elk hunting (location ?)and of course I enjoy practicing at the range. I want to learn the art of long range hunting (out to 1k) and am in the process of accurizing my 7 wsm. I was leaning toward the bushnell and contemplating selling a Burris to by the Falcon and then I would have a side by side comp. I have bedded and floated the barreled action in a new stock and if my pet load doesn't group I move toward a new custom barrel inwhich case I will have to make a decision wether to stay with 7 wsm or rechamber to something else. We'll see.

Money is a partial concern, I want good quality without spending over 600 including any ring/base combo. I know that's pretty demanding but I think the two listed are excellent candidates.

I have them both, and are very satisfied. The Buchnell I have on my SSG3000 (Sauer STR200) 6,5x55, and are mostly used on 500 meters. My Falcon has been used on my 22-250, and on my 458 Socom. But I have a rifle being bulidt right now, in 6,5-06 that will have the Falcon on top soon. Then I wil try it out for real, at long range.
Maybe 1000 - 1500 meters.
The Falcon holds it's zero well, but is a bit sensetive on keeping the right eye distance to the scope to get a clear view.

What to pick between these two is not easy to say. I'd consider one more, and that is the Nikon Monach. Thats a scope in the same league.

Hello, I've got the Bushnell 4200 6-24x50/30mmtube, and Seekins rings and base. I have done a lot of shooting with it and the scope tracks perfectly and seems very sharp in lots of different situations. I got mine through Donnie@Big River Tactical...Spot on Fellow!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.